Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this topic has already been addressed but I have heard some rumors that Cabela's may be putting in a store in Wadsworth. Has anyone else heard this? If so, please help clear the air of the rumors and it would be great to some facts. Thanks.

·
Banned
544 Posts
i've heard the same, although 2 years ago they looked into Wadsworth around rt261 & 224............now the proposed site is rt 57 & 224, on the NE side of 57. There is alot of vacant land here, which could stimulate more growth in this immediate area, should it ever materialize.
i do know this....the city planners of Wadsworth are tight budget minded folks, to the point of having an outfit like Cabelas paving their streets at their expense.
This new proposed location might still be county property, not yet annexed into the city limits.

·
Robs Guide Service
3,826 Posts
ive talked to two differant managers at two differant gander's, and a friend who works up in the high rank for cabelas in dundee, and all three said north east ohio, and wadsworth was on top for a location. they want close to erie's fisherie's!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I read something about Wadsworth being a possible site in the Canton Repository several months ago. I haven't read anything since. I hope it happens, I'd love to have a Cabelas close by.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i've heard the same, although 2 years ago they looked into Wadsworth around rt261 & 224............now the proposed site is rt 57 & 224, on the NE side of 57. There is alot of vacant land here, which could stimulate more growth in this immediate area, should it ever materialize.
i do know this....the city planners of Wadsworth are tight budget minded folks, to the point of having an outfit like Cabelas paving their streets at their expense.
This new proposed location might still be county property, not yet annexed into the city limits.
Not to undermind what you have said, but your statements are not exactly accurate. Wadsworth is willing to do the paving and such. Wadsworth is offering them a 10 year tax annexation not to exceed the cost of building. This means that Cabelas wont have to pay property tax for 10 year unless they have maid back what they paid to build. Also in this ten years, cabelas would be getting 1/2% of the 6% sales tax from the county to build here. That is of course, until they recouped the funds of building or 10 years has passed, whichever comes first. This is not a new concept for wadsworth, they have done these deals on a few occassions. Most notably, was the Rohrer Corporation moving from rittman to wadsworth because of a deal similar to this, only the deal they got was for a 20yr tax break. I also know that the mayor of wadsworth is behind this and willing to do just about whatever it takes in order to bring this Cabelas to the wadsworth are. The area they are proposing I believe has been annexed already, otherwise wadsworth wouldnt be able to propose it as a site. This is all that I know from reading local papers that are printed here in medina county.

·
Registered
878 Posts
There's also been talk of a Bass Pro Shops in Brimfield off exit 31.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yeah, I heard a Cabelas down south of Cleveland & a BPS by Toledo.I remember some store on the eastside of the Cleveland area selling BPS stuff.Went there once ,25 years ago?These will kill the Rod Makers Shop & Erie Outfitters if they open.Which would be bad news for local anglers.

·
Time to fish!
4,987 Posts
Yeah, I heard a Cabelas down south of Cleveland & a BPS by Toledo.I remember some store on the eastside of the Cleveland area selling BPS stuff.Went there once ,25 years ago?These will kill the Rod Makers Shop & Erie Outfitters if they open.Which would be bad news for local anglers.
ya thats what i was thinking it will kill family owned shops look at what walmart and sheetz does to surrounding buisness when they open just kills them

·
Registered
26 Posts
I heard that the Cabela's was supposed to go in where the truck stop was at on 224 and Interstate 76. I heard that it is on hold because whan the gas tanks were at the truck stop they leaked alot of fuel and the soil is now contamenated? I don't know how to spell! They are working on getting the bad soil out of there now. The Cabela's is not on the website because they do not know if they will be able to build there or not. at least that is the word from some people I know over there. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
there wasn,t any bps near la due back then just a tackle and archery store south of 422 on the east ramp off of 44,i,d be broke if there was one then...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts