close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cabela's Dundee

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RONK, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Visited the Dundee store for the first time on Saturday. They had a special going where you got $30 free merchandise. They had it set up very well, with minimal wait. The store does not have much of the merchandise listed in the catalog, but it was still fun shopping. I would love to get a permit to fish some of they're fish tanks. Big Fish.

2. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

man was that place ever crowded. we got there before the doors opend so we could try to get our stuff and leave, but we still ended up spending 5 hours there. best part of the day was sitting in the shanty's and watching people walk by... occasionally you would get someone lookin in and ask how they were biting or if we had any beer left...

fyi, if you ever have to return something that you ordered through the catalog they have to reimburse the shipping. i was turning in a pair of guidewear bibs an the lady at the return desk told me that i would still have to pay the tax on the new ones... i told her that didnt make any sense because i had already paid shipping and the store isnt in the state i live in so i shouldn have to pay the tax... well while sitting in one of the shanties one of the floor guys ( had a ice team pin on his shirt ) asked if he could help us.. i asked him about the situation and he took me to the front of the line and i was able to get the other 13 bucks back that i had originally paid in shipping. i had to pay tax on the bibs, but it was only 12 bucks so i saved a dollar.. so if you ever take a catalog/internet order back to a store get this resolved before you walk away from the counter.

sowbelly

3. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

Did you just say that "The store does not have much of the merchandise listed in the catalog, but it was still fun shopping"??? They must have made some huge changes there at the store because when I was there a few years ago, I thought that they had EVERY single item in the catalog on the shelves there. I was amazed at all the goods they had in stock.

Maybe they've changed their stocking policy. Don't know but I'll guess yes based on your post. The story about the money doesn't surprise me- I've never had a bad experience with Cabela's. In fact, they have gone beyond a few times for me. I'll never hesitate to spend money with them.

UFM82