Cabelas Depthmaster Gold LC's - $35

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by ErieAngler, Nov 26, 2008.

1. ErieAngler

ErieAngler Still Deadly w/ The Net

2. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

I have 2 of these that I got about 5 years ago. I have since been told by several people that they are not very high-quality reels. BUT I have used them quite a bit and caught lots of pike, stripers, catfish, and walleye with them and have never had a problem.
    I would reccomend them, especially at $35.

Brian

3. I was looking for a second pair of linecounters to use occasionally when I get highly motivated trolling. I might just try out a pair of DMG15's for that price. With a capacity of 330/10, 290/12, 240/14, I think they would work out well for walleye with 20 or 30# braided line. Sealine's are wonderful, but not sure I need my 3rd and 4th linecounters to be so durable.

4. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

The 15's are really good for trolling crankbaits for crappies. You'll catch walleyes and other fish too but if you want to target crappies, these reels are tops.

5. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

Gets the job done... good bang for the buck.

6. I was looking for a second pair of linecounters to use occasionally when I get highly motivated trolling. I might just try out a pair of DMG15's for that price. With a capacity of 330/10, 290/12, 240/14, I think they would work out well for walleye with 20 or 30# braided line. Sealine's are wonderful, but not sure I need my 3rd and 4th linecounters to be so durable.

7. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I don't want to be the first downer of the thread, but a buddy of mine brought a pair of them aboard my boat a season or two ago to troll with. He was pulling Dipsys, and by lunch time they were pretty much useless for anything but a paper weight with a handle. They might be fine for flat-lining and such, but the Dipsys were too much for the pair that he had. Cabelas gave him his money back, no questions asked.

For a few more bucks, you can get the Daiwa Accu-Depth Pluses, which I would be confident in betting would last a lot longer.

8. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Bit by Musky bug

The review on the site didn't seem to promising, go with the Accudepth Plus's

9. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

you guys like the accudepth +'s over the convectors???

10. Thanks guys, I try the Accudepths or belly up to Sealines. Nothing worse than saving some bucks and getting what you paid for.

11. ErieAngler

ErieAngler Still Deadly w/ The Net

The reviews on the site were 4.5 out of 5 . . . . ?? That seems pretty promising to me. Anyhow. Ive had a pair of the older models for about 5 years and they are fine for boards, jets and flat lining. I've never pulled dipsys with them. I bought another set so I'll let you know how it pans out in a couple years.

BTW, they are okuma reels that are cabelas branded. We all know they wont beat Sealines, but I think they are very comparable to a accudepth, IMO.

To each his own!

Fish on!