Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Where's Waldo?
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting today and continuing through the summer the Corps will be updating the temp and O2 data weekly. I personally wish they would start updating this around the first of April but this is what we have for now. Here is the link.

http://www.lrl.usace.army.mil/wc/wq/cbr.html

MC

·
click...click...click
1,508 Posts
Hey BlueBoat...just to let ya know some of the walleye are starting to move up in the creek...watched several caught the other evening, one which was 16"...but the whitebass bite is kinda picking up...went last night and caught close to 60 which were the larger females...well the majority was, you'd still pick up a few scraggler jacks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Flathead...you caught them in the creek?? I'm still kinda new to Springfield, where is that exactly? I spend most of my time over by the dam and although it's starting to pick up it sounds like the creek is the place to be.

·
Where's Waldo?
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take Rt 4 North to Moorefield Rd. Turn right into the village. Turn right again. In the SE corner of the housing area is a small parking lot. Park and walk down to the creek. People fish all up and down the stream from the lake to the bridge on Moorefield Rd.

I'll be out there in an hour or so. If you see an old guy with a Bass Pro hat say hello.

MC

·
Registered
33 Posts
Won't be down there tonight, because I have to officiate softball, but I might try to sneak down there tomorrow evening. Thanks for the directions.

·
click...click...click
1,508 Posts
Well sorry to bring everybodies hopes up but the WB bite was very slow last night...totalled around 15 in the 4 hours I was down there at the creek...alot of it had to deal with the murkyness of the water...because of all the high winds yesterday on the lake, it pushed sediment up into the creek making it almost muddy, but honestly the night before we caught close to 60-70 so I'd say if the weather cooperates (temps stay high, but doesnt look that way) the bite should be back up and going around the weekend

Flathead

·
Registered
33 Posts
I went down this afternoon from 3 - 5 and only caught 3. The ones I did catch were hitting a 2" white jig with a red tail. Hopefully it'll pick back up tomorrow...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Fished from 10 - 2 yesterday and tried all over the lake. Caught 33 crappie by the dam, 3 small largmouths, and 3 bluegill...Caught 7 crappie one was 12" and 2 small largemouths by the marina...Caught ZERO fish up in the creek..Saw one guy up there who had 6 whitebass, all looked to be males, and saw one other guy with on Whitebass by the dam that was probably 14" or so, and that was it.

Oh I caught everything on black and chartreuse crappie jigs....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts