close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

C.J. July 1

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BlueBoat98, Jul 1, 2007.

1. BlueBoat98

BlueBoat98 Where's Waldo?

New Month, New Thread, Old Story...

I was out for just about three hours this morning. Annoying NE wind at first but then it laid down pretty well. I pulled 7 or 8 Walleyes of about 13 - 14 inches. Saw David11959 pull some shorties and one 16". Some guys drifted past who had caught a couple of short fish and an 18 on floating jigs. I heard of a couple of 5 - 6 pounders caught yesterday by trollers.

Relatively few boats out for a nice Sunday. A number of long time regulars are M.I.A. and have apparently gone elsewhere due to the recent slow fishing. There were a few boats pre-fishing yesterday and today for next weeks WOWC Championship tourney. It'll be interesting to see what kind of weight those guys can find.

See you out there.

MC

2. Friday Evening - Trolling, dad caught a 23" Walleye, also a NICE crappie (didn't get to measure it as it spit the hook as he lifted it into boat), a channel, and 3 throwback eyes.

Sunday Evening - Trolling, I caught a personal best 24" Walleye! Didn't get another bite after that.

Both large eyes were released to be caught another day!

3. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

what were u trolling with? i normally use bb's and catch shorties... thanks

4. Both were caught on cranks.

Wally Diver - Green and Orange
    Berkley Frenzy Shad - Gold

5. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

thanks! i've tried the green and ornage b4 and maily caught WB. i gess ill hav 2 work at it a lil more:)

6. BlueBoat98

BlueBoat98 Where's Waldo?

Was out again this morning about 7:00. Beautiful day. Caught maybe 10 Walleyes from 12 - 14 3/4 inches. The short ones are biting readily but the keepers just don't seem to be there. Guy next to me had one 16 and that's the only keeper I heard of all day. One long time veteran troller is not finding any fish and he said he's been all over the lake. Correction to a previous post. This guy DID NOT catch a 9 pounder a couple of weeks ago as I was told. He got that one last year and I knew about it then.

I'll be back in the morning if that wind doesn't kick up too much.

MC