Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on my boat and haven't been out to see what's biting or not. Anyone got info on the white bass or crappie bite? I hope to get out in the next few days, but thought I'd check with the experts first.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Last I heard about buck creek was that the WB run isn’t much there since no water in creek for them to make the trip up creek to spawn. Something about water level in lake being kept to low. I used to really enjoy fishing the run there this time of year.

·
Crappies, heat up the fryer please!
264 Posts
Was there this past Sunday fishing for crappie and no white bass to speak of or really anything else. Just 1 14" crappie the wife caught and one other crappie about 10" and 1 3lb channel cat. Tried shallow on wood, main lake drifting with jigs and minnows and of course all the humps jigging with only the results mentioned above. C.J. such a hit or miss lake for me no matter what I'm targeting to catch. Like fishing giant bath tub.

·
Eat Em Up Charters
3,616 Posts
Not sure how far you are from CC, and who knows what all the water flooding into the lake will do, but I have been fishing for crappie as well as trolling for saugeye and have been catching 20-30 white bass per trip and I'm not targeting them Jigs and plastics as well as minnow under a float. When I am trolling I am pulling flicker shads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts