close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

c j brown walleye

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by david11959, Apr 24, 2004.

1. i have been out at cj brown for 6 weeks in a row
    and have not seen any walleye
    anyone know anything
    i have fished every part of the lake and got nothing

2. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

I "heard" they were stacking at the d a m a little while ago. Haven't heard anything since. sorry.

3. I have pretty much given up on them myself after 5 years and only two walleye. The last one was 14 1/2 " (1/2" short of a keeper!). We fished at least once every weekend. Sometimes stayed overnight! Although this year, Doc has got me interested in using blade baits like the vibe.
    2 years ago I had a blast catching W bass, perch,carp, crappie, catfish, and the 2 walleye on my downrigger or bottom bouncer with worm harness. But that method has not produced since then.
    Now, I anchor the boat and wait on the catfish. The girls have just as much fun. There are less gas fumes, and I don't use nearly as much gas thoughout the day. $1.88 in Tipp City!
    I wish you well my friend.

4. catking

catking Banned

First of all I got gas for 1.65 today :eek: Second, this lake must be as hard to fish as it's reputation. As some of you probably know, Doc was there during the test netting, and this lake is loaded with HUGE ' eyes. Has anybody tried to slow drift fish for them using night crawler harnesses? I can see why alot of fustration comes from fishing there for walleyes. CATKING

5. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

Last year I was talking to an older guy who fishes/trolls or something in the middle of july and august and uses blue/chrome lures of some sort and does quite well. Fuzzy info. but the color and time of year are good I suppose. Sorry for the lack of info but I don't fish for walleye so selective memory rules again.

Bill

6. The only time of the year I do any good is June-August. I've never caught an eye from CJ at any other time. I certainly won't claim to have them figured out or anything :confused: :confused: , but we usually catch 1-3 keepers each time out just drifting crawler harnesses. Hint - sometimes they seem to like leeches! :D