close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

c j brown walleye 05/30/04

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by david11959, Jun 1, 2004.

1. another good day for me 5 walleye three 14in and two 15 in
    in the rain
    as soon as the sun came out it was all over with
    this is the best year i have ever had
    15 walleye in one week
    8 of them keepers

2. catking

catking Banned

Very nice David !!! Thanks for the report. CATKING :)

3. if you dont mind....and you dont have to let out any secrets...but how are you getting them....trolling...jig...casting or what ?? i have heard lots of reports that cj brown has lots of eyes in it and i have been up there many times with no luck....last trip up there done pretty good on crappie but that was about it...havent been up this year yet but i am trying to get there

4. fshman_165

fshman_165 CJ Eye Hunter

Wolf_TY,

The walleyes are hitting just about anything that you can throw at em.
    Trolling will peak in about 2 to 3 weeks, right now jigging and bouncers with spinners are killing them. I went out tonight after the wind stopped and popped 19 eyes. I generally jig up all my eyes. I use a painted jig head with a 1/3 of a crawler threaded on. I got chased off by the storm, if I had stayed I was on pace for 30 or 40 eyes. they ran about 14 to 17 inches with the largest a clean 22 incher. The crappies this year are just HUGE. I caught nothing under 13 inches this evening with one fish that was a clean 15. The eyes and crappies seem to be mixed in with each other, this is unusual for CJ. Target the humps and the old road beds and of course the creek channel in the north end and you will get eyes.

Fshman