Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were on C J Brown this am about 10 am. The surface temp was about 46 degrees when we went on. we caught some small crappie and small white bass and some channel cats up to 51/2 lbs. The lake level is not full yet and the clearity was just a little cloudy.
We caught the cat fish up in the north pool area in very shallow water of 2 foot or less. The surface temp there was up to 55 degrees and a lot of activity in the part of the lake. We also saw a dead cow laying there in the water. I sent "Doc" an e mail about it knowing he would know who to contact to get it out of there before it becomes a huge mess.
I have to say the DONR did one heck of a job on the new ramps and the parking and the whole area there. Nice new rest rooms that were open and clean too. You can all be very proud of that ramp now and I know it was a long time coming too. there were a few boats on the lake and i think things will improve now with some warm weather coming in now. We caugh some of the w/b and crappie in the damn area too. There were huge schools of fish there and big balls of shad. Some were as deep as 35 foot and some were shallow as 10 foot. All in all it was a slow day but still beautiful and it still beats the cain out of working.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts