C.J Brown news

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fear_no_fish, May 21, 2008.

1. Hello guys,

As I prepare for a long Holiday weekend , I wonder what the fish @ C.J. are doing ? If anyone has any current conditions or whats biting, I would certainly appreciate the info ? We have been hammering the crappies & bluegills at Indian Lake , would like to give C.J. a try if anything has turned on ?

Keep fishin, :B

2. BlueBoat98

BlueBoat98 Where's Waldo?

I'm starting the weekend early and going out on Friday morning. I'll report if there's anything to say. If I don't post... well, you know what that means.

See you out there.

MC

3. I going over tonight to try to beat the weekend rush. I'll try to post Friday morning.

4. Juan More Fish

Juan More Fish AKA Dnavarroj

Lets us know something.
    Fish senses theresome good fish to be hadd
    :p

5. i will be out sunday & monday

6. BlueBoat98

Here's my report, as promised. Met fear_no_fish while he was heading out. The weather was nice if just a little chilly at times. The light NE wind kept coming and going enough to be annoying when trying to hold in fairly specific spots. Water temp right around 61 degrees. I pulled a Firetiger jig/minnow around and came up with 3 keepers and a couple of hammer handles including the nice 22" four-pounder shown below. The others were 17.5 and 15.5. I also got enough 9 - 11 inch Crappies to fill a fry pan. All were released (second pic) because my wife will kill me in my sleep if I bring home any more fish.

Have to miss tomorrow but plan to hit it again Sunday and Monday.

See you out there.

MC

Attached Files:

7. Way to go Mike, I'm starting my fishing marathon tonight as soon as I get off work,and will be out every day this weekend! Its about time things started to pick-up out there. I'll post also, if there is anything to post....

8. Nice fish Blueboat. I couldn't make it out last night. I wasn't planning on fighting the weekend rush those pics have made me reconsider.

9. Nice fish! I wil be out there weds or thurs of next week.

10. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

I'll be out tomorrow we hit the whitebass today then went to the marina and got 10 "OK" crappies. Not as many boats out as expected really nice out!

I'll be in a 12ft. rowboat with a 4hp johnson if your gettin them give me a holler ;)

11. Juan More Fish

Juan More Fish AKA Dnavarroj

Ill be out in a tracker boat. Red and gray says pro guide.
    Buckeye colors. Give me a hol:) ler if you find any white bass.

12. wader

wader Fishing Fool

Fished CJ yesterday morning, got on early and only a few other boats were out. Caught crappies pretty much everywhere, 1 - 9", 3 - 8", and lots of 7" fish, nothing great. Few small WB, they seem to be all over the western shore in shallow water. Usual small cats, one about 5-6 lbs. Buddy lost one good walleye at the boat. Surprised at the lack of skiers and lake lice....

13. BlueBoat98

I didn't get a single Walleye when I was out yesterday. I did pull the usual Crappies. It was a beautiful morning to be out but the water temp is still in the low sixties.

I think the fuel prices are really hitting the pleasure boaters. We don't really use that much just moving from spot to spot or even trolling at low speed. Those speedboats can burn a ton of go juice in a short period of time.

See you out there next week.

MC

14. Hit the breakwall at the marina on Sunday. They started to hit at 8:00 am and quit at 9:00. Ended up with about 20 7-9 inchers plus a few 10".

15. Fished Sunday night from 10 until Monday morning around 4am. Between the two of us we were all over and fished hard - I had ZERO bites :S ; my buddy got 4 light bites and brought 2 to the boat that were both under 14 inches. Bites came on the east side of the no wake zone in 6-8 fow.