Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Where's Waldo?
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the guy who claims he caught 70 walleyes last week. I've heard it from two different fishermen out there and I know that those two are not liars. Apparently the haul included a 31 and "some" 28s. I know the location and it's been the "Dead Sea" for over two years. It was a parking lot out there last Sunday after the word got around. What version of that story did you hear?

See you out there...

MC

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
DARN ! He`s either REALLY good, or has a VERY "good" imagination...I`ll let you decide which 1. BTW blueboat your former cedar tree is now 25+ "BB"s with about 3 left to stuff and tie...will "add lots of water" very soon.

·
Where's Waldo?
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's great Lowell. I was off today but was slammed with stuff this afternoon so I couldn't make it over there. I've made 6 or so smaller pieces of cover with the pieces I pulled out before we did those two loads. They are ready to splash too.

Clarification... that 70 "last week" means "one day last week." 70 in 7 days wouldn't be so unbelievable but still a stretch the way things have been lately.

I was on the water this morning. The guy in the other boat got one 13 inch Walleye, I got zero. Crappies, 'gills, and Catfish are everywhere.

MC

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
I dunno... There are definitely good numbers of walleye in CJ... Personally ,I did catch over 25 in a day last year...granted, only about 3 of them were over 15".... I think it's very possible to hit it on the right day and with the right baits..so ti don't think that's an unbelievable number...good for him!

·
Banned
6,234 Posts
I haven't heard anything....if it is true, then someone had a "once in a lifetime" fishing event...and I'm envious....I always give people the benefit of the doubt, until they prove me wrong.
I was raised that your word and your handshake reflected your honor...I try to live that every day, and I expect the same from my friends, that way we can trust when we give a report, etc, etc.
If this is not true, I feel sorry for someone who doesn't value honor or friendship!

I know there are 31 inches in there!.....And I still, have never caught one IN THE LAKE!:)

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Am NOT saying it`s physically impossible; heck, a guy 6(?) yrs ago won the Publisher`s Clearinghouse drawing AND his state Lottery BOTH on the SAME day. Granted, rather "long" odds statistically, but win them BOTH within 24 hrs he certainly did ! Hope whom ever it was DID buy a lotto ticket...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts