close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

C C Lake report for 3/18/05

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by taxiecab, Mar 18, 2005.

1. The surface temp of the lake water is 40 to 41 degrees and back up in the sunny bays it was as high as 45 degrees. We saw huge schools of shad in one of the bays with several schools of shad showing on the depth finder in the warmer bay areas.
    The lake is still at winter pool and it is just slightly cloudy yet.

The boat docks were in at Wellmans Meadows and at the steep ramp off of Rt #73.

We found crappie in deep structure in the 25ft to 30 ft of water. They were in loose schools and all we could catch were the bucks. The big ones may still be in the deeper water yet. All we need is some warm sun and rain and get the lakes to summer pool.

All in all it was a great day to be on the water with my new Lowrance LC-X18 colored sonar. It gives you a picture you can take to the bank. I really like it for the first time out.

2. The thought of quitting my job to be out there did cross my mind today. Sweet weather it was. But I got control and so the team of gstrick27 and TheKing will head to the source of the lake tomorrow in the rains.
    Thanks for the report and we will let you all know of the outcome. I KNOW we will slay the largemouth, it's a given.

3. Freeze

Freeze Cisco Kid

Great report thanks... Good luck tomorrow King - wish I could go but have to work on the boat....

4. Caught about 25-30 shad today. I'm going to need about 20 more to make a meal. It was hard work getting the ones we kept out of the livewell and they are difficult to fillet but once I started using a die grinder, the slabs came off much easier. Couldn't raise a muskie all day, thought the water would be a little warmer. Maybe in a couple weeks the temps will be better.

5. Big_b16, at least you haven't lost your sense of humor! Keep plugging!

6. Oh yeah, I stopped in the park ranger station by the north ramp and I'm pretty sure she said they'd be ready to sell the parking permits by 15 Apr., they are mandatory 1 May.

7. Glad you hit the lake! Can’t wait to check out your new Lowrance. I’ve been pulling awful long hours at work, but I’ve been building comp time ;) a.k.a. fishing time. Ready to go as soon as work slows a bit . Save some slabs for me :D :D

8. We need one week of warm weather....

9. Fletch

Fletch FishOn

Your kidding right? Nickel and dime you to death!
    I don't think it's fair to the people that can't afford it.

Well if they are going to do this hopefully the parking permits will keep the vehicles without trailers out of the parking spots. That is if they patrol and enforce it. I hate that when you go to park your truck and trailer and there is a car setting there without a trailer. Not that I OWN the lake or anything :) .

Oh well, just another way for Gov Taft to get our money :(

10. It was cold and rainy in the early morning and then it got colder and rainier. Gstrick27 and me walked the creek for the better part of the day. The carp were biting at his line more than mine and he caught a nice 3 0 pounder on ultra light. I got skunked. We gave it a good try with "hosers" (Canadian nightcrawlers from WalMart) on the bottom and floating. The bottom was where the bite was.

The banks got so slippery that we barely made it back. Our boots must have had 10 pounds of mud on them. It was a grand time and we were slimed with mud from head to toe at the end of the day. :)