close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

C C Grandkids fishing report 7/7/04

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by taxiecab, Jul 8, 2004.

1. The lake level was full and clear to just slightly dingy and surface tem was 79 to 80 degrees. There were more pleasure boateers thna fishing boats.
    The weather was very nice with a cool breeze out of the north. I was just looking for a place to take the kids to do some bobber fishing. I went over the hump and there were lots of supended fish and bait fish too. they were in 20 to 25 fow and supended from 10 to 15 ft.
    I went back into one of the large bays to the east and found some of the carp working back in there. we managed to catch some bg, sheephead perch and one large carp about 5 lbs.
    The grand daughters had a ball and I think with time I could get em hooked on it but my daughter would kill her dad for that. Any way we had a geat day.My one gran daughter's comment when we came off of the lake was that fishing was not easy.

2. Way to go.

I was at CC lake twice in the AM's over the fourth weekend. The fish were few and far between. Scattered. Had to keep moving and they were 15 - 20 ft down in water as deep as 40 - 60 ft.
    I wanted to get out and fish this weekend, but with the slow results, I might just go to the shooting range and start preparing for the upcomming hunting season.

3. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

How's the fishing been in CC so far this year, I still haven't got up there yet. Something always seems to come up, and I hit the river or business calls.