close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

C.c. 7/4/04

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by skipjack11, Jul 4, 2004.

1. skipjack11

skipjack11 retread member

I put in at the North pool ramp at daybreak and fished from the campground to South of the bridge. I didn't do any good until nearly 9AM when I located a large school of Whites busting shad on the surface.They were smack dab in the middle of the North pool and hard to spot due to the chop on the water.They were pushing into a strong Easterly breeze and I had to fire up my big motor and circle around to get up wind several times.They weren't all that big but a lot of fun . I trolled small silver crank baits from about 9:30 to 10:30 and caught two 12" crappie,one 10+ crappie ,a drum,and a nice size blue gill.

2. I put in at Furnas shore at daybreak also. Caught 2 17" saugeye, 3 drum and a bluegill pulling a worm harness around the hump in the south pool. Moved to a nearby flat and picked up 4 9-12" crappie, 1 bluegill and a perch, all on the worm harness also. Everything at 13 - 15 fow. Fish fry tomorrow :D Thought I would have to quit by 10:00 but the pleasure boaters didn't come out until 1:00 and there still weren't many then.