close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bwca! Pics!

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by Bassnpro1, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

My uncle and I went on a canoe trip Aug 26-Sept 1st. It was a great trip to spend with my uncle and we caught some fish to boot. The fishing was great but wasn't bad either. We caught good size but not great numbers. My uncle lost a 3 lb smallie on our first day. That was fun, but other than that I had him beat for biggest smallie, LM, walleye, and pike. No monsters at all but good sized and hard fighters. One morning we even saw a good buck swimming acroos the lake which was really cool to see. now here go the pics from the trip.
    A falss which was pretty but caused a not so nice portage
    [​IMG]

A decent 1 lb something smallie that never got weighed. Caught on a shad rap
    [​IMG]

The only walleye of the trip
    [​IMG]

A 2 lb 5oz and 1 lb 5oz smallies that my uncle got on a grub/crawler combo
    [​IMG]

A 3lb3oz smallie( biggest of the trip on the left) and a 2lb9oz smallie. caught them both on tubes and within ten minutes of each other.
    [​IMG]

Now for the buck
    [​IMG]

A 3 1/2lb Largemouth that was the biggest of the trip. Also on a tube
    [​IMG]

A 2lb smallie and a 2 lb 10oz largemouth caught on tubes
    [​IMG]

2. rockbass

rockbass Banned

man, the largemouth in the last pic looks like a pig for his length! :eek: Or maybe it is just the way you are holding it

3. Hey Kevin!!!
    Great Pics!! Looks like you guys had a great time. You are
    lucky to have a Great Uncle!!!! You pictures also reminded me
    of some of the trips that I have taken with my younger brothers
    and nephews. ;) Thanks, Stan

4. Looks like you had a great trip. Thanks for sharing the pix.

5. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. :D Brought back a lot of memory's. :)

6. Where was that canoe trip taken? Did you weight that last largemouth? that thing has to be over 2 1/2 lbs he is fat.

7. Those are some nice smallies! Your pics have convinced me to make a trip to the BWCA next year!

8. What area did you go too? I love the smallie fishing up there, cant be beat! That is a nice LM you got, I have not caught one of those up there. Got into a bunch of lakers on my last trip and they are even more fun than the smallies.

9. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I was in the crooked lake chain. WE entered at Fall lake which was packed, we saw alot of people during are trip and most of the fish were caught in Horse lake.

Moe - I did weigh the fish on my digital scale. I have a tendecy to make fish look big compared to what my scale reads. I have heard this before, but I have checked the scale with known weights and it was right on so who knows. I wish it would read a little higher though!

10. Those are some really nice pics Bassnpro. Makes me wish I had the time and extra money to take a trip like that. Congrats!

11. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

GREAT PICS and thanks for sharing.
    what a beautiful place to go fishin.

12. catking

catking Banned

Very nice Kevin !!! Heck, that place is worth the trip just for the scenery. Fish are just a plus ;) Very nice. Thanks for reporting back about your trip .. CATKING