close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

buzzbaits for muskie?

Discussion in 'Muskie & Pike Discussions' started by ocdfishguy, Aug 28, 2005.

1. I plan on going out to Alum more in the comming weeks and might try for some muskie. I have some cranks and a friend gave this large buzzbait. Will this work, or should I just stick to the cranks? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks..

2. if it swims in the water the top predator will eat it for the most part i cant wait till i catch my first musky on a top water buzz bait
    ________
    FEMALE ADVICE FORUMS

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011

3. I like to tie a cat to the end of my line wrapped in a few treble hooks. Since cats hate water they really do move around a lot when they hit the water drawing the attn. of Mr. Muskie. ;) Just kiddin.

Buzz baits will work. Give it a try. If it doesn't work, change to something else.

4. Thanks for the advice. Muskie is the one fish that I wanted to catch this year. I plan on spending the last 2 weeks of October fishing every.

5. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

I've caught several Muskies at West Branch using Buzzbaits and they work just fine. I caught most on one called a Muskie Hawk but since Muskie lures are getting priced beyong belief I have been making my own. I call my homemade Buzzbaits the Jimmyrude because they remind me of an evinrude sputtering across the water. It's a real blast when a good sized Muskie hits one. Good luck!