Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GMR
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend and I were fishing the GMR at night with black buzzbaits hopeful to catch some smallies because "saugeyes don't hit buzzbaits.";) Well one fish was caught all night and of course it was the better half again blowing me out of the water with this monster saugeye. Every bit of 27 inches. I swear up and down it's the one I caught last November to make me feel better about it. Didn't have a scale on me and the crappy camera came into effect once again. If I gave away your secret fishing spot with the picture then you should probably find a new spot:D

I held the fish for the picture because, " their teeth are so sharp."

·
Premium Member
3,830 Posts
Next time I get in an area I know holds saugeye I am putting on the buzzbait;) How deep of water was it taken from and was the buzzbait being worked across the top or were you letting it fall. That is an awesome saugeye and just plain crazy it was caught on buzzbait.

Congratulations!

·
GMR
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Next time I get in an area I know holds saugeye I am putting on the buzzbait;) How deep of water was it taken from and was the buzzbait being worked across the top or were you letting it fall.
She was running it in about 3 or 4 feet of water across the top. Single bladed black blade with a red and chartreuse tail and a black skirt. I really think the tails that Terminator puts on their baits help tremendously.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts