close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buying New Bow...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by crankus_maximus, Aug 15, 2005.

1. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I am going to pull the trigger and get a new bow. If anyone is feeling extra generous and would like to donate a Cabela's coupon that expires on the 1st of the month, I would be extremely grateful. In addition, I would be happy to repay the favor if needed in the future. Thanks!

2. what kind are you getting?

I've been looking at the Diamonds

3. crankus_maximus

I am going with the Parker Hunter Mag Combo. It's pretty much ready to go out of the box. This will be my first "new" compound. Those diamonds look really nice and I've thought about it more than once....

4. When are you going up?I`ll be heading up this sunday around noon.i`m going to shoot every bow up there but i am thinking of the cabelas outfitter bow PL1.5. If i remember right i think PSE builds it for cabelas but i could be wrong.I have not heard anything about the parker bows,how are they to shoot???may just have to pick acouple of them up sunday also.like i said i`m going to pick up and shoot several bows before i buy.

5. crankus_maximus

I've done a lot of research and the Parkers are the most popular bow in their price range. It's an excellant beginner bow, ad it is very forgiving and it comes ready to shoot right out of the box (i.e. - all of the accessories already installed and sited in). I will not be up there this weekend. I will hopefully be able to call in my order. They have some great deals going on until the 28th though. Did you get that flier in the paper?

6. crankus_maximus

That is what they say. Of course, your bullseye may be different than theirs...

7. I have a coupon that I am going to use this weekend so I am sorry that I can not help you out in that way. However, you mentioned that you were going to call your order in. I thought that the coupon card that I have required you to at least activate the card at the store location itself. I may be wrong but that is the way I read it.

8. crankus_maximus

Brian:

The coupon specifically states for catalog and internet purchases only. I've read it like 10 times to make sure. Maybe you got something different.

9. I think I must have. I think mine was a promotion for new stores. Although I don't need to take it to a new store it still stated that it must be activated at a store. The one I have is for $25 off puchases up to $200 and then $50 off for $200-300. It goes on up to a maximum of $125 off but I can't remember the minimum purchase amount. I don't know if that is better than yours or not but if so you may want to search around for one of those.

10. crankus_maximus

That's a lot better than mine. I could really use that bad boy. Was it included in a catalog or just sent in the mail?

11. It actually came as a separate mailing.

12. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

Hi, just wondering, have you shot the Parker yet to make sure its what you want? I have shot just about every model that Parker put out in 05 and they are sweet bows, especially the ones with the E Z-draw cam. Do yourself a favor and actually go shoot the bow you are interesed in, don't just let the cost be your deciding factor, you'll be glad you did some comparing before you bought. Also, something else to think about, you might look at something from last years stock, you can get a great deal on a new bow at a fraction of the original cost. I bought a new, from the factory, '03 Bowtech Patriot in '04 and saved almost $200!! And, while I'm thinking about it, the '06 bows will be out in november and you will be able to save some cash on the '05 bows then, something else to think about. Good luck with whatever you choose to do. :D

13. That is a good point on shooting the bow before buying. I know I would never drop that kind of money on a bow before touching it. It is also a good point that you can save bug bucks on prior year models. Although I doubt that Crankus wants to wait until November to get a bow and miss out on this season. Still there are probably some '04 models still available as well.

14. crankus_maximus

How do you buy a bow straight from the factory? Yeah, I have shot one and I have my mind made up. I am going to buy when I get the money around birthday time. It leaves me with a month to go out this season (I know, not a lot of time), but better than buying 3, 2 or 1 week before the season. I can shoot just about every day if I want to, so the practice will come. Thanks for the tips Fishpro. Just not sure I can wait for the last year's model. Maybe on my next bow.

15. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

Hey, no problem. I'm glad you shot the bow and know you like it. If you want a bow from the factory, just go to your local Pro shop that carries the brand you want, and they can order factory direct. Also, it helps if you are friends with the owner of the pro shop so you get the best deal possible. A Pro shop is the best way to go as far as you accessories too, most owners also shoot and can guide you in the right direction if you arn't sure about what you are buying.:D

16. It has been a few years since i have shot a bow. Is Parker the makers name or style? Last I shot, Mathews was the smothest up and comming bow to shoot. I have a few bows but have not shot in a few years. my compatition bow was a Browning 6T6 custom 40" axle 2 axle and 3-D and hunting bow was Browning Mirage FPS converted to solo cam. That was just about the time Mathews starting to make a name for itself. I use to shoot at Broken Arrow on RT. 13 just north of Newark about 3 mi. Back then they would let you shoot some of their bows if you were looking to purchase one. They also have an indoor range that could hold about 12 - 18 shooter also an outdoor range, and would also hold outdoor 3-D shoot once a month during the spring and summer, and indoor 3-D during the winter. Would also have amature and money shoot on saturday nights along with handicap leauge during the winter at the indoor range. I think they put a 30yd area for indoor when i left back then. They would draw some of the best 3-D shooters in the nation for the winter money shoot. A friend of mine makes the Titan Bow Strings, that have been sold at Vances in Columbus. I am sure Sue at Broken Arrow would be glad to assist anyone who would be interested. Good Hunting !