buying baitcasters off of ebay?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by peple of the perch, Feb 13, 2009.

1. has anyone here bought a baitcaster off of eBay? I am looking for a couple of reels for bassfishing. I would like to know if it would be a good idea to buy a baitcaster off of eBay. I know that there are some great deals on there. But I also read that baitcasters can't take years of abuse.

2. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

My Dad buys reels all the time off Ebay. Haven't heard him complain about anything so far and I bet he's bought at least 10. "Boat Rash" is what to look for, that means it has some scratches.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009

3. I have got several off there and have not got a bad one yet. Just watch for the ones that look good. You can bet if they have a lot of boat rash on them they havnt been too well taken care of. I have got a couple of Browning reels that are like brand new from there.

4. Bought at least 10... all good, but they were all spinners

5. What are you looking for. I have about 30 new and lightly used baitcasters in my basement many new in the box. The round Ambassadeurs will last a lifetime. In fast I have a couple of 50's era that are as good as new.

I use my baitcasters hard but I do maintain them. There are a couple of wear parts, but they are inexpensive and easy to replace.

6. I buy all my Ambassaders from ebay.
    Not a problem with any of them.
    All I use in Baitcasters is the Ambassorders.
    You cant beat them for relibilty and toughness.

7. catking

catking Banned

I've bought many from ebay, not a problem at all....good deals on all of them... THE CATKING !!!