close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

buy you cars now

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by truck, Aug 4, 2005.

1. By 2008 all cars will have tire pressure monitor systems.You can bet it won't be free or cheap to fix :)

2. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

i had a car with that once all it dose is the computer can detect if one wheel is spining slightly faster or slower than the others and let you know witch one it is...wasnt all that great but it worked

3. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

Actually the tps is not for monitoring tire spin, it is for monitoring tire pressure. If you have a low tire then the system will alert you so you can correct it before it is too late. The systems will prevent a lot of blow outs and roll overs due to under infalted tires.

4. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

they sell them at cabelas for your boat trailer too. they let off an alarm when the tire pressure is low on your trailer tire. not cheap either.

5. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

my grand prix gtp didnt have any sensors on the wheels just regular wheels i accually had after market wheels on it and it still worked ....i ask the guy at bfgoodwrench in mansfield how it worked and that is what he told me

6. I've got the tire pressure monitor on my '02 Windstar van.....dummy light fires up when inflation low or in my case, when a sensor or computer chip go bad, regardless of ture pressure. check my tures once a month; saves on wear/tear and gas mileage.....

7. We have an 05 Chevy Tahoe LT and the computer actually tells you the pressure in each tire instead of just when they are low. I wonder how that works?

J

8. I not sure how it works yet,just got a flyer yesterday they are selling reset tools for systems already!