close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buttonwood 5/7

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by sickle, May 7, 2004.

1. Fished Friday morning from 6:45 til 10:30 a.m. Had to get out of the river for a while until the lightning went through early in the morning. Caught 1 walleye and 1 white bass. Caught the walleye about 15 minutes before I left so I let him go. Too much work cleaning 1 fish. Also snagged another fish that looked like a white fish (?) I used to catch them in Canada when I was a kid. Not a carp, sucker, etc. Another fella said it might have been a white perch but I don't think so. The moss is MUCH better. You still have to clean your weight and jig but not nearly as much as last weekend. The water is still up quite a bit and visability was around 6 -8 inches. A cold front went through last night at around 2 a.m. and that certainly did not help the fishing. The temp was 55 degrees when I left my house and 47 when I got back. Fished by a guy who said yesterday his best friend caught 6 walleyes although he sweated his butt off. The guy next to me caught 1 white bass and a big ole' sheephead. Got to listen to this guy tell me about how back in the "good ole' days" him and his buddies used to catch 4 and 5 limits of fish in 1 day and sell them to people. What a classy fellow. He almost crapped when I let my walleye go. (LOL) Most people are fishing for white bass and a few guys fishing the beach were catching them pretty regularly but I was too far away to see what they were using and how big they were. If the temps keep rising the fishing may be decent on Saturday and Sunday. Looks like the river might go up some more with the rain they were getting later this morning. This might be the last trip to the river this year for me. Ended up with 27 fish in the freezer which is the best year I've had (only my third year fishing the run). Time to get out the worm harnesses and hit the lake. Later.

2. leaky tiki

leaky tiki Fruitcake

the leaky tiki salutes you master fisherman...

sorry i couldn't make it...

maybe we could sneak away sunday ... who am I kidding??