close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buttonwood 3/25

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by sickle, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Fished Buttonwood again this afternoon and limited out in less than 40 minutes. All jacks (24", 22" & 18") caught on a pink/white head with a hot pink tail. Leaky Tiki fished for a while until he lost his balance and took a "bath". Were gonna hit it again in the morning. You can see my picture on Saturday on the maumee tackle website. Just look for the dork with the purple hat on. Later.

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

nice looking stringers of eater size fish there.. good luck if you goes out again.. pink seems to be good this year ehh??

3. I'm glad I fish for the sport of it. I don't think I would consider going fishing for less than an hour. I don't worry about "limits" as I don't carry a stringer.

4. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

Nobody said you had to stop fishing after you reach your limit of 3 fish, you just can't keep more than 3. Catch and release until you're blue in the face.

5. "Nobody said you had to stop fishing after you reach your limit of 3 fish, you just can't keep more than 3. Catch and release until you're blue in the face."

You can do that only with 2 on your stringer.If you have 3 on stringer and catch a fourth then they can fine you.

6. A couple of things: 1) I didn't fish for less than an hour - I was fishing with my brother who drove 2 1/2 hours to fish with me so I continued fishing until he fell in the river and wanted to go home. 2) You can continue to fish after you have 3 fish on the stringer. You can Catch & Release or you can cull fish (I don't) if you have them on a snap stringer - I've seen many people do it . Just make sure you release that 3rd fish before you put another one on the stringer. Later.

7. Fished the same hole as yesterday and caught my limit in just over 2 hours. All nice jacks - 24", 23", & 22". Got to the river 15 minutes before legal starting time just to get a good spot (there were already at least 20 people lined up). Same presentation and color as yesterday. Leaky Tiki stayed dry today and caught 2 jacks as well. Hopefully it will only get better this week with the warmer temps. they are predicting. I will try to post pictures if I can talk my wife into downloading the pictures for me. Later.

8. leaky tiki

leaky tiki Fruitcake

just wanted to "weigh" in and thank my bro sickle for "saving my life" in the river friday...

the river run obviously in not in full swing yet...in fact saw lots of empty stringers on saturday...but if you are willing to work for them, there are definitely walleye in the river...

white/pink head and a grape tail is my bait of choice. had a great fish fry friday nite at sickle's house (missed you krusty), and ended up with over 7 pounds of fish filets after cleaning our catch on saturday.