close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buttonwood 3/18

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by sickle, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Took a "mental health" day off from work (to help recover from St.Patty's day) and fished Buttonwood from 10 - 1:30 today. Caught 1 walleye (22"), snagged 1 in the belly, caught 1 sucker, had another fish on for about 10 seconds, and caught a large scale. Saw about 6-8 guys leaving the river with limits, some had 1 fish, and many had none. Bring alot of jigs because there are alot of snags. I have never lost that many in one day. After a late lunch, we went over to Bluegrass and fished from 3:00 - 4:15. Didn't have a bump. We did see 3 deer though. Thinking about hitting it again in the morning if it's not raining too hard. Later.

2. yea i love buttonwood for the ease of access and good fishing but you lose a lot more tackle there than anywhere else in the river. at least its not4 dollar crank baits..... it especially is a problem in the lower water we're having. rain tomorrow should change it. i want to hit bluegrass tomorrow but don't feel like getting stuck when the water rises.

3. Fished the "beach" at Buttonwood this morning and limited out - but it took me almost 4 hours to do it. Started a little before 7 am and caught fish at 8 a.m., 10 a.m., and 10:30 a.m. A guy 2 people down from me had his limit before 8:00. Saw about 5 or 6 others with limits. Best colors seemed to be yellow or chartruese (sp?) head with an orange or pink tail. Didn't even get rained on (until I was cleaning my fish back home). Hopefully we'll get a nice rain and some warmer temps. so the fishing will be good next weekend. Later.