Busting brush for Crappie

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by westbranchbob, May 14, 2018.

1. Got the kiddo out after work today for a last minute Crappie run...had to work through the" monsters" to find some keepers..and even survived a run in with a small muskie..maybe 25 inches or so...all fish caught on a jig and minnow 9 inches or so under a float...had to practically drag her out to go eat dinner.

Attached Files:

JamesF, backfar, JB123 and 10 others like this.
  2. twistedcatfish1971

twistedcatfish1971 Fish fire food friends family

Nice! Keep at em...so Mr. Muskie showed up after 3 trips? You know it wouldn't be long till it happened...lol. they are everywhere.

Good times tight lines.

Don.

3. Wow

Wow Will Yak For Food

Go Bob! --Tim

Spear Fisher.jpg

4. snag

snag

I got out to the Branch this afternoon for some wading in the willows for crappie, didn’t do to bad , ended up with nine keepers and a bunch of small ones and a half doz small bass. The sizes have gone down from years past. But it was still a good time wading the wood. ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1526522651.416278.jpg

5. Doboy

Doboy HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins

lol,,, NICE,,,, that first pic is suitable for FRAMING!

They still got eggs?
    You think that the 'dinks' were male?

We 3 worked one of our old BEST cove spots at Skeeter the other day, & never found a speck,,,, only warmouths & BASS!.
    The owner of the baitshop said, "They're Done & GONE".???? I don't know about that.
    If so, Hopefully, there will be a second wave,,,,, like years past.

HappySnag likes this.
  6. I,ve been the causeway bait shop three times since it was sold have not met the new owner yet.

7. snag

snag

Doboy , the fish I cleaned still had eggs and they weren’t real ripe yet. Not quite ready.

HappySnag likes this.
  8. Ya they aren't done yet...just gotta get shallow.. majority of the fish we caught were in the thickest stuff in less than 2 foot of water...no joke my daughter would push her rod back into brush..drop her jig ...and wrestle a fish out.

9. cleaned crappies today from skeeter and had tight eggs yet,,,,,
    cc

HappySnag likes this.
  10. My brother and I were on skeeter Tuesday.got 15 hood ones missed a few others. Jigs with tubes and tails under a bobber drifting. Not much shallow. Did best 9-11 ft fishing 8 ft down. Kid at the ramp said one guy had 40 st North point using minnows.

HappySnag and crestliner TS like this.
  11. twistedcatfish1971

twistedcatfish1971 Fish fire food friends family

5/17/18 the branch...fished from 7:30 to 9:15. Got 22 crappie and some gills. All on minnows. No real size but did keep a snack. Bobber/minnow less than a foot down close to structure.

Don.

Attached Files:

12. Doboy

Doboy HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins

THANKS guys,,, good info here.
    'The gang' is heading up to Bula camp this weekend,,,, see if we can get more cats,,,, & maybe find/ search around for eyes.
    OR,,, I'D BE AT MOSQUITO!

HappySnag likes this.