Buskeye lake

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Bobber1, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Bobber1

Bobber1 Bobber1

What is the word on Buckeye lake. Not much chatter on the eyes. Want to go out their soon. Any information would be appreciated.

2. Fished Buckeye Yesturday for a few hours and not much action - Within the first 5 minutes I lost an eye right at the bank then for the next couple hours I was blanked - My buddy Nate ended up catching 5 Catfish and 2 eyes. The eyes were all caught within 15 yards from shore.
    I would think now that the cool down is on things should really start to pickup in the next week or two.

3. TiDuhble

TiDuhble A student of the game!

headed out there now to see what's going on with the eye's. Will call it quits around 11am. Will update with results and pics (hopefully :) then! Wish me luck

4. Bobber1

Bobber1 Bobber1

Snyd.I would like to know what lure ,or live bait ,that you were using, along aera that may be productive. What would be you guess on water depth .Tks. I am looking forward to catching my first eye, for the year. tks. Will up date on my trip .

5. Bobber1 - All the fish were caught on a minnow/Jig and Minnow - We decided to not take the boat so we were fishing from shore - I would say we were probably in about 4 to 7 foot of water.

6. Bobber1

Bobber1 Bobber1

I manage to land one eye,off of fairfeild beach Wednesday 12th. 14" was my first for the year. I will be going back out on Friday at mud I. I only seen 4 fish caught on Wensday around 1600-1630hrs. Tight line/with minnow.

I am tired of trying to fillet those minnow that I do not use. Ha.

7. With the weather turning colder this should trigger the Eye bite out here at Buckeye Ocean. Since the 15th fell on a Saturday (that's when they usally open the spillway) I imagine that the Army Corps of Engineers will open the spillway Monday the 17th and that will also help with the bite along the Norh shore and in the Licking River where Buckeye dumps into it.
    I hope to give it a try around next weekend and will give a report after.

Catfish Hunter