close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Busch out of Roush Racing

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by H2O Mellon, Aug 9, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

My favorite Driver #97 Kurt Busch, has signed on w/ another Cup team for 2007. He has asked out of his 2006 Roush contract, reports suggest he may have signed on w/ Earnhardt Racing. I think that would be more exposure for Kurt. I am sort of glad to see this.

2. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

CONCORD, N.C. -- Defending Nextel Cup champion Kurt Busch has signed to drive for Roger Penske, starting in 2007.
    Roush Racing announced Tuesday that Busch advised team officials that he has signed with another team commencing in 2007. Busch also requested a release from his contract for 2006. However, due to sponsor and team considerations, Roush Racing said no decision on that request will be made for an indefinite period.

Penske Racing South released a statement later Tuesday to say it has signed Busch to a multi-year contract.

Rusty Wallace, driver of the No. 2 Dodge, is retiring after the 2005 season and speculation had been rampant in recent months over who would replace him. Penske's other drivers are Ryan Newman and rookie Travis Kvapil.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Shoot. Now I'm real confused. I dont see how Penskie would give him more exposure than Roush, unless he would drive the actual Miller Lite Car.

4. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Me thinks you hit the nail on the head. I was totally blown away by that announcement. I think there are going to be a few more BIG announcements in the coming weeks and months. Lots of rides to fill for next year!

5. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

DEI needs some people around dale, I want to see what the kid from the bush series can do...

6. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

They have people around Dale. They just keep moving them too damned much.

7. davycrockett

davycrockett Fins Feathers Fur

I was bummed to see ol' rubberneck Busch get signed by Penske. I've been a loyal Rusty fan for 15+ years. There was talk that Penske's Indy driver Sam Hornish wasto get in the #2. That would have been cool to see an Ohio boy in there. I would have continued to root for the #2 if they would have gotten someone else. No offense Mellon I just never cared for Busch. :)