Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
MANY times. Let me know what you are fishing for. Might be able to hep. Also the time of year.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
we fish early august mainly, when fish are very hard to find. We fish the weedline (out from the weedline), throwing red eye and wacky worms. It all depends how aggressive they are on which one works. We also fish quite a few topwater baits early and late.
I have a friend who will drop leeches down and does well in 12-15 ft. When you go, they might be coming back up shallow.
I can tell you by far the best location is the river that dumps into Mullet. It holds a ton of fish and if you can get there early in the morning you can watch them swim around. this river feeds into Huron. There are a bunch of fish up the river as well.

·
Team Fatty
1,258 Posts
fished mullet lake, find rockbeds 5-8ft deep. i did good on dark tubes or jigs. also bobber with a weightless leech set about 4ft deep. couple 5+ pounders this year.

·
Team Fatty
1,258 Posts
we fish early august mainly, when fish are very hard to find. We fish the weedline (out from the weedline), throwing red eye and wacky worms. It all depends how aggressive they are on which one works. We also fish quite a few topwater baits early and late.
I have a friend who will drop leeches down and does well in 12-15 ft. When you go, they might be coming back up shallow.
I can tell you by far the best location is the river that dumps into Mullet. It holds a ton of fish and if you can get there early in the morning you can watch them swim around. this river feeds into Huron. There are a bunch of fish up the river as well.
you know we went up to the mouth this year and it seemed pretty plain and sandy, i did manage one small smallie though!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
We fished the river that head up north.. it has a distinct wall that holds fish deep. early in the morning we could see massive small mouth roaming the deeper wood. I wish the entire lake was like that. We also found fish in the dark spots leading out of the river. I might be off this time of year but it was definitely a good location.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts