close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Burrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by Stampede, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Stampede

Stampede The Fish Feeder

Friday Nite Minus 3 deg. high of 12 deg.Was wanting to go deer hunting and fill my second tag,but i don't know.Do you think the deer will even be moving with temps. that cold.Thinking of going out around 10 or 11.Hunt till i get cold.Do some still hunting' move around a little.Anyone else crazed like me.

2. If the wind is blowing there may not be much movement and you can have better luck hunting with a partner and putting on slow drives to gently kick out bedded deer on windy and non-windy days... but if the wind is calm you'll see movement but its my experience that the deer will move closer to nightfall and into the night then after sunrise so sleep in...
    I have had luck in the past using what I call a "curiosity scent" during winter end of the season hunts...
    What I do is use something to heat up an attractive scent to draw them in using their nose... A very good small heater is Sterno fuel cansisters with a Sterno folding stove... I'll heat a small container of apple cider or apple juice and let the scent drift into bedding areas...
    Keep the stove away from you so that no attention is drawn to your stand site...
    GOOD LUCK and remember that the state won't give you back any hunting days because you thought it was too cold to hunt ;)