Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're planning a trip to Burr Oak this Saturday, it'll be the first time I've ever fished the lake there. From what I've read it appears they had some algae problems there in the past. Is that still an issue? We'll be fishing out of a boat for bass exclusively C&R (the lake is idle speed only over 9.9hp correct?) Just curious as to what I might expect, any information or tips would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. With all of the recent rain that is kind of what I was afraid of. I think we're committed to be down there anyway so we'll probably give it a shot.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The boat is all loaded up, I'll be heading out of Columbus at 5:30 am. Will probably miss the best part of the morning bite but I'm still optimistic. Any recommendations on what to throw?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Top water was the ticket today along with dingers. Not a whole lot caught. Plenty of large shad balls so I would guess the fish have enough to eat and couldn't really be bothered with us. Tons of blue gill, too bad we were not prepared for pan fishing, we would have slayed them. All of the ramps on the eastern side of the lake are completely hosed. We went to 3 different launches before finding one we could launch from. We dropped the boat off in the middle of the parking lot and walked it out (dock 1) The marina's ice cooler was floating in the middle of the docks and we also saw an over turned pontoon boat (that guy is going to have a real bad day) It was the first time ever that I thought I might not be able to launch because there's too much water in the lake. If it wasn't a 2 hour drive down there I would have turned around and come back home. This was my first time on a 9.9/idle only lake. It irritated me more than I expected it to, it's a nice lake and was pretty much deserted until around noon, would have been nice to open the throttle up a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts