Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rubber Duck aka Fish Bonz
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping to head out to the buoy from hot springs tomorrow with my kids. Any advice if the weather permits.

This will be first trip out there and longest trip from shore. If you are heading out let me know please maybe I can follow or try.

·
7th Season On Lake Erie
302 Posts
If you are heading out let me know please maybe I can follow or try.
We will be heading there out of Vermilion, not sure where Hot Springs is though ?
From the reports we may not need to go all the way out to the Buoy.

Some scattered thunderstorms forecast for the morning, so we will be keeping a watch on the Radar. Waves are currently forecast to be less than 2 ft but check again this evening.
Here is the link to the weather we use >> http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/data/Forecasts/FZUS61.KCLE.html

Stay safe, its a long way out and much better if you follow another boat the first time.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
We'll be going out of Hotwaters about 6:30am if that's what you meant. Headed towards the bouy but may stop short if we find something. 24ft. Thompson,Play'n Hooky is the name on the boat,if you see us at the ramp come talk to us.

·
AKA Dnavarroj
1,364 Posts
Thats what he meant. kads at play. Good luck out there,They are cliing for some waves. almost like last week. be careful, especially with the young ones. ;)
Ill see you out there next week. We met at erie out fitters. im the one with the alumcraft rig.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Yep, be careful. We did better today 4 miles south of the bouy then at the bouy. We also got beat to heck by waves.

·
Rubber Duck aka Fish Bonz
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I heard you got beat pretty bad Kevin, I was surprised at the size of fish you got.

Navarro the weather. Looking pretty close to last week, I think I may wait till Sunday and just take the boys to west ranch and try for Muskie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts