Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the weather buoy with my wife, and my daughter and her boyfriend. Quite a busy day. Fished from 10am-2pm and landed 17 eyes, dropped a few at the back of the boat. The little flies were terrible at times.

We ran harnesses on 40 jets at 105ft back. Colors on the harness that caught the most were red/orange/white/blue maybe thing with an eye spot painted on (will take a picture the next time I'm on the boat.) I picked it up at Central Basin Bait before heading out today. It caught the most fish today and I only had one of them! Other than that, a hatchet blade harness in pink/green/purple worked well toward the end. Other blades with pink worked too.

The 17 eyes weighed in at 63lbs. We were so busy trying to keep the rods in the water, that we didn't take any pictures while we were out. I'll attach 2 pictures from the cleaners.
Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Wow, awesome day!!!! good job!!! Heading out there Thursday, hope they're still going strong. On a side note, where are you having the fish cleaned at? and are you happy with their price, the job they do, and can you wait while they do it?? Thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey RangerPig250, Thanks. I was really glad that we got on them with my daughter and her boyfriend along. It's always nice to be on the fish when you have guests onboard.

We typically have Vito in Vermilion clean them. He does a great job (on the river where they rent kayaks underneath the water tower). We were in a bit of a hurry yesterday though and took them to the Fish Cleaner on Baumhardt Rd, across from the old Ford plant. I guess they charged about 70-75 cents per pound. We had 63 pounds to clean so we paid for it. We haven't been able to fish much this year, so I'm not gonna complain. They do a nice job there too.

Although, I tell Vito, in Vermilion, that he is the fillet master. Man, does he make it look easy. He's a super nice guy to deal with too.

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.