Bunches of Bucks

Discussion in 'The Lodge' started by rattletraprex, Nov 25, 2007.

1. On the way back from our morning hunt we spot a couple of deer in a field by the road. As we got closer we could see it was a buck chasing a doe,well before to long there were six bucks in that area! We stopped the truck and watched them for a long time. They walked across the road then back again. There was one really nice one that wouldn't come all the way down the hill so we could get a better view. What a time to not have the camera. Never saw that many bucks together this time of year.It was pretty cool watching them. Passed up a small buck yesterday as I was out to fill my special tag.Had three does within 25 yards when a dog scared them off. I'll be back out soon to give it one last try.

2. DarbyMan

DarbyMan Seize the day

That's cool to hear that. Only once have I seen multiple bucks at once, this late in the season. Personally I think they are still rutting. Last weekend at Ravenna I saw several bucks chasing does.

Pretty fired up for tomorrow. Made it to "deer camp" in Perry county. Drove thru the state forest and saw vehicles from Maryland, Indiana, and Canada. Guess that article in F&S reached alot of people. Never seen that many non-residents before. Also saw a huge buck this afternoon, nice 10 pointer. Tried to tie him to a tree till morning but failed miserably!!!:)

Good luck to all this coming week. Be safe.