close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

bullying

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by castmaster00, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. castmaster00

castmaster00 very avid fisherman

there are some kids in my lunch that keep calling me trailer trash just because i live in a double wide. they keep pushing food at me as an insult when i cant buy my own lunch. i need some advice on how to handle this . do you guys have any ideas?

2. Do you attend Akron Public Schools?

3. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Ignore them, they are idiots.

4. I'm only 20 but ive been there and seen it. Just keep your head on straight and get where you want to be. Odds are if you do, those will be the kids working for you one day. Its crazy how tables can turn. In the long run, they are meaningless to you.

5. Don't let them get to you. This is one of the times that you need to be the bigger man and just "walk away" and ignore them. You can always get the principal or a counselor involved. That way if you happen to whoop on one of them they will know that there were previous problems between you. Just because they live in a house and you live in a trailer doesn't make them any better than you.

6. Sound like the case of them building themselves up, by putting others down.

A sure sign of their own problems with themselves.

Look 'em in the eye and treat them as you wanna be treated, move onward.

If they remain persistant, going out of their way to get your goat, don't let them win by giving in- that's their game. Definately move towards adult resources at this point and get them invovled to at least be aware of whats happening.

I wish you the best, kids are by far the meanest group of humans onthe planet.

Handle this with maturity and not anger, only then can you elevate yourself above them.

nip

7. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

As you get older, you'll realize their opinions don't matter. Walk away or use your wits. You can't solve problems with violence as that leads to more violence. Walk away.

FYI, I'm 34 years old with 4 boys and I live in a trailer park. Anyone who thinks less of me because of it, I have 1 thing to say,

"Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to occupy your thoughts with my family and I. I didn't realize I was that important to you! I personally never wasted my time thinking about you, but now I will try to set some time aside to think about your situation. Maybe when I'm in the bathroom..."

By the way, when they push food at you, say thanks and save your money for something else!!!:p:p

8. I Know that kids can really be mean and hatefull. I have coached baseball / Boy scouts. Easy to say but you HAVE to ignore those mosquito brains. Regardless of how right you are, when you try to go it alone you will end up smelling like dog doo, they will end up smelling like roses. You need to go to the teachers / school counselor. It may not be a bad idea to talk to your church pastor. Maybe he could help you out. But don't get involved in exchanging punches because I'm sure you will be the one seen throwing the last punch and you will go DOWN. They never see who thru the first. BELIEVE me this is from experince. Its hard to be the bigger MAN but you have to walk away.

9. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Being born into a family with limited financial rescources is certainly not your fault.
    Dont be ashamed of it.
    You have a few short years before you are an adult.
    Work hard and persevere and you will dig yourself out of poverty.
    Just hold your head up and dont let the other kids mean spirited immaturity get the best of you.
    Man...you shouldnt be going without lunch.
    Does your school have a free or reduced price lunch program?

10. Kick there usless cowardly rear ends and be done with it.
    When the adults show up, odds are, it will then be taken care of.
    Then they will only call you trailer trash behind your back, with no nads to do it in front of your face.

11. Sorry to hear about your problem bro. Unfortunitly for you the advice everyon has given you so far is exactly right. There isn't a whole lot you can do about it. Get your teachers involved, try your best to just ignore them. I'm sure you already know all this. Being 13 sucks bro. When you get to be older you'll forget all about those jerks. Best thing you can do is keep your nose in the books,grow up, get better job than those idiots. Then at your 10 year reunion rub it thei faces.

12. Part of me wants to tell you what to do but the other part knows it's not my place. Talk to your parents.

13. I Guarantee U Prob Have More Room In Your Double Wide Than I Do My Small House, Besides, Have You Seen The Prices On Them? Many Cost More Than A House Around This Area. I Used To Live In A 14 By 70 With A Wife And 2 Kids B4 Anyway, People , Esp Other Kids Can Be Sooo Demeaning. I Teach My Kids That When Theyre Made Fun Of Or Laughed At, Laugh Back And Take The Food As It Were, It Hurts The Offenders More If U Agree With Them And Maybe Theyll Quit.in 5 Years , All Of This Will Be Meaningless Anyway. Good Luck.

14. Insecure people try and make other people feel insecure. I can tell by your post, you are to smart to fall for that!
    Walk away from them knowing they have very little character and that by your ability to walk away, proves you have more!
    There are always people who will walk on others to try and make themselves feel better. They only end up proving their ignorance and insecurity to those people who are far more intelligent.
    Do you want to be known as one of them or as a person that is bigger and smarter then they are? I already know the answer to that question as I'm sure you do. Hold your head up high - you have already defeated them!

If you can not get help with lunches like Lewis suggests, please send me a Private Message.

15. Kindlebeard

Kindlebeard OGF Birchbass Champ!!!

I got to agree with MadMac. Talk to your Parents, let the school know you are being bullied they have rules about bullying.

Just know you got alot of sportsmen behind you! And we don't care about where you live. The only thing that matters is can you tell us where your best fishing spots are?????? ;)

Let the length of this thread show you, that you are worth more than they say you are.

16. The mere fact that you can log onto this site and converse with a bunch of grown men as well as you do points to how intelligent you are. Most people have been bullied at one point or another, and like others have said, those bullied kids end up being the popular ones later in life. As high school progresses and college begins, you'll find yourself with a group of friends they never had -- true ones -- and you'll be able to politely ask them for fries with your burger. Bullies are ignorant, and if it is serious enough that it affects your emotional state it can't just be ignored. There are organizations and resources available to you via the internet that offer advice and free counseling. If you'd like a link to one of those places, please feel free to send me a pm. You strike me as a very intelligent kid and where you live should have nothing to do with how you view yourself. Keep your head up, and remember that bullies don't come around the lake -- fishermen are like an unofficial fraternity -- keep on fishin'

17. joe01

joe01 Functional Fisherman

hey kid we all have been there on one side or the other, take the advise of eveyone, And remember to talk to the man up above, he can help you. Just say a little prayer for them:)

18. I agree with everyone that says walk away and be the bigger man.
    Here's something to chew on, that hasn't been mentioned yet.
    You may or may not know Jesus as your Lord, but this would be His general advice: LOVE is the key here, these bully's are behaving from a lack of true love in their lives, you could be the one to actually start loving them.
    And BTW, true love would mean having them answer for their negative behavior toward you and others, by being disciplined by the PROPER authorities.
    LMJ

(Mat 5:43) Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy.

(Mat 5:44) But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

(Mat 5:45) That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

(Mat 5:46) For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

(Mat 5:47) And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

(Mat 5:48) Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

19. Fishin' Coach

Fishin' Coach Wall I ETR

Keep your head up, try to ignore it bullies will usually move on to someone else when there actions don't get the desired effect, a reaction out of you.

As a schoolteacher myself I would agree to talk about this problem with a teacher you could trust or a school counselor, many times this has a greater effect than talking to the principal.

Kids can be jerks, but I will second the chorus... I've seen where bullies end up years later, Trust me you'll get the last laugh!!!

God Bless
    --coach

20. Don't lose any sleep over it. If you show that it bothers you, then they are going to keep doing it.
    1) Beat there a**es outside of school so you don't get in trouble with school, If you think you can handle them. Or,
    2) I guess the mature thing (like everyone else is saying) would be to tell an adult about it, in many cases the principal may be useless and just dig you in a deeper hole, but find someone that will do something that you can trust. Or,
    3) I like this idea if you arent into fighting. Get somebody a few years older (if you are 13, get a 16 or 17 year old) to throw em around a bit. I gaurantee they won't mess with you anymore.

What school do you go to?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.