bullock pen lake

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by imalt, May 27, 2008.

1. imalt

imalt Banned

anyone ever been there. I heard there are monster lm in this lake. Was thinking of taking my boat there this weekend. Just wanting to know if the internet reports were fish stories or if anybody on here had any knowledge

2. where is it? I have never heard of it before

3. imalt

imalt Banned

kentucky south of walton. On the internet site they say they have a large population of 8-9 lb lm. That is a hell of a lm. The odds of cathing anything like that around here are not very good so if I can find any info it would be worth the trip.

4. I used to fish it a little about 25 years ago and caught some good fish but nothing like 8-9 lbs. there used to be a horsepower restriction on the engine you could use.

5. fisharder

fisharder fisharder

I don`t think your getting very good info there. But if you want a shot at a big fish the best place would be kincaid lake state park.There is a horsepower limit and its only a 300 acre lake.

6. Red The Fisherman

Red The Fisherman River Rambler

I fished it last year, and we did okay. Nothing that big. Good structure!

7. HalfBass

HalfBass Fish Whisperer

I grew up fishing that lake, and yes there are TOADS in there. We always did best night fishing in mid summer. I have seen tourneys that took 20+lbs. to win on a 6 fish limit.

8. Largemouth?!?!

9. HalfBass

HalfBass Fish Whisperer

I kid you not!!! Bullock pen is a little gem of a Bass Lake, full of channel cats too.

Kincade lake near Falmouth has that type of potential also! I heard someone on here refer to it as a MUDHOLE, but in the south that's how we like'em.

There is a BETTER lake in the area but I will just refer to it as LAKE "X". Some secrets have to be kept to yourself ;)

10. Ajax

Ajax Rapala Snagger

I know what lake "Lake X" is. I grew up in Grant County. There are some nice cats there. :)

11. Does anyone know if they have camping available? Thanks

12. Ajax

Ajax Rapala Snagger

There is no camping at any of the lakes in Grant County. There is a near-by campground in Crittenden. http://www.cincinnatisouthcampground.com/ The closest lake with camping is Kincaid Lake SP.

In related news: Lake Williamstown will be expanded sometime in the future to triple it's size. The fishing always blew there, but I imagine that conditions will improve there eventually. (20 years from now) Lake Williamstown is primarily a water skiing lake.

13. HalfBass

HalfBass Fish Whisperer

There is camping on Boltz lake in Dry Ridge...however it isn't a very nice place, kinda trashy.

There is camping near Corinth lake in Corinth called 3 springs campground, it is very nice.

Lake Williamstown is a very good Bass and Catfish lake, I'd rather fish it than any other lake in this part of Ohio. Hundreds of docks on that lake that make for great flipping and pitching. Flip around the ladders on the docks, it will surprise you. My father in law runs a weekly tournament out there and has records on every weeks tourney weights, trust me that lake doesn't blow.

The biggest drawback on that lake is it's size and the amount of recreational boats. It can be quite dangerous for fishermen because it is only 300 acres with little regulation on skiers and PWC. It gets PACKED in the summertime after about 11am-8pm with recreational boaters.

14. Ajax

Ajax Rapala Snagger

I forgot about those two places. 3 Springs Campground is nice. I never had much luck fishing Williamstown Lake personally.