close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bullhead Spots?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishdealer04, Sep 1, 2008.

1. I am looking to catch some bullheads, and I have not found a consistent place to catch a lot of them in a short time.

I can usually catch a few here and there at Stonelick, but no numbers. Just wondering if anyone knew any spots in the Cincinnati area?

Thanks

2. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

You can catch decent numbers at Winton Woods, but shore access is limited.

3. Are you catching them from the shore or from boat? They have boat rental there don't they?

4. acton lake fish at the end of the pier at sugar camp livers under a bobber just like blue gill cast 3 feet off shore you can catch 50 in an hour on a good day. can use crawlers too works for me. hope this helps man.

5. Cowan Lake seems to have a surplus of them as well. Catch them even when trying to catch crappie.

6. MZehring

MZehring Fish Crazy

We us to catch tons of them in a small stream/creek that runs thru Port William, about 20 min or so East/Northeast of Caesars Creek area.

7. MZehring - That little stream still holds good numbers; it also holds some channel cats. My buddy has a farm not 15 minutes from there and we would stop on the way over to Cowan and catch a few for bait.

Not close to Cinci, but Clark Lake in Springfield is loaded with bullheads - some large ones in there as well. Worm/bobber or tightline and you will catch several in a day.

8. Sounds good guys. Thanks for the help.