close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bullhead catfish?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by JUSTCRAZY, Jul 6, 2004.

1. JUSTCRAZY

JUSTCRAZY Wurlds Wurst Spellor

Where in the central Ohio area would I have a good shot at catching a lot of bullheads?

Thanks
    Rob

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

rob,if you find out,let me know :D
    i haven't really fished for them since i was a kid,but catch them on occasion,while fishing for other species.toad and i would help you catch 'em if we could find a good population of good sized ones :D :cool:

check your pm'a for a little piece of "flat"head info. ;)

3. Well i'm not sure if this will help or not but I used to catch a lot of bullhead out of the Black Fork River in Ashland/Richland county. I mainly fished it upstream of Charles Mill. Central Ohio could mean down around Columbus though, in which case you'd have a bit of a drive to Ashland.

4. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I've caught quite a few out at Indian Lake with crawlers on the bottom.

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

buckeye has plenty,but i don't catch that many bigger ones to make it worthwhile keeping.again,i only catch them accidentally,but if i targeted them,i'd catch lots more than i do ;)

6. firecat

firecat Larry Lange

Looking for bait for the bigguns Rob?

Larry

7. JUSTCRAZY

Larry I am guilty as charged! But don't tell anyone. LOL :D
    I am a rookie, and I am going to do some experimenting.

Thanks for the input guys. I know that some of the laks in the Akron area are just polluted, as is lake Milton. But never caught them anywhere else.

8. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

hey "juststupid" :D ;)
    i knew what you wanted them for,but i would like some to feed myself :D
    you're only 20 minutes away from your bait source,and there are even some flatheads in buckeye ;)

9. JUSTCRAZY

I resemble those remarks!!!
    Well I guess I am going to have to venture to the ocean and try to get some of the little suckers.

10. Ive been to buckeye and i caught a few nice ones

11. Justcrazy I fished Buckeye in the spring for channel cats with chicken livers we would catch a couple,then the bullheads would take over.Nice all were 12"+ we were fish in the pads about 3ft. water with bobber 2 1/2 ft.Couldnt keep them off must have caught well over 100 c&r had ablast they were all full of eggs. We ran out of bait two containers of livers,so i would suggest Buckeye around the pads even this time of year.

12. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

Dude, if you want small ones let me know, I think I can get you a few dozen real easy. I know a pond that has way too many and we need to get rid of them.