close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bullfrog VS. Sparrow

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mr. Catfish, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Mr. Catfish

Mr. Catfish A catfish in human form

Was looking out the patio window today at the pond when about six sparrows land at the edge.All of a sudden the birds started jumping around and going crazy.It looked like two of them were fighting and went into the pond.Well the other birds flew off and the one's that looked like they were fighting are now drowning.So I walk out onto the deck and this is when I noticed the frog.The drowning bird was the frog eating it.I run inside to get the camera to take a piture.By now the only thing I can see of the sparrow is the tip of it's wings.So here it is.

Attached Files:

2. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

WOW!!! A truly killer frog. I think I would've liked seeing that.

3. Sparrow...the other white meat.

4. rockbass

rockbass Banned

That is awesome! :eek: :D

5. Don’t get too close to that pond! The killer frogs may come after humans next! :eek:

6. A few more sparrows in that frog and it may be ready to take on LFN's Blue Heron problem.

7. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Great story and Picture. Since Fall is here, looks like all of the creatures are getting ready for winter.....

Tee

8. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

When I was in college, me and a buddy/roommate of mine, had this 55 gallon terrarium. We'd have all sorts of creatures in it over the years. From Geckos, to scorpions, to chameleons, toads, praying mantis', whatever.

You would be surprised what a toad would/could eat. If it was a little smaller than himself and was moving, it was on the menu. Snakes, lizards, mice, whatever. We had a large toad one time, about the size of a baseball, try to eat a baby bunny we put in there (yes we were sadistic back then). It had the bunny's entire rear half in it's mouth, but just couldn't manage the rest and let it go about an hour later.

We called it our "Terrarium of Death"!

9. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Awsome pictures. I've seen this before, and it never gets old :D

10. Couple years ago I was twitching a "Chug Bug' along the bank, about 2 feet out.

All of a sudden, this bullfrog jumps off the bank and takes my topwater bait.

He wasn't happy getting 2 sets of hooks out of his mouth.

11. I grew up going frogging with my dad and his family. I have found a slew of strange things in a frogs belly.
    Her are a few; other frogs, mice, birds, crawfish (seems to be their favorite), snakes, lizards, and other things.
    I believe that if a frog can get it's mouth around it it will eat it.
    I like the picture, or as my 4 year old said when I showed it to him "cool frog"

12. Same thing happened to me with a pop-r. The only difference is that I caught the same from on it twice.

13. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Cool picture & story !