Bull Bluegills

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by goldfishboy, Jun 22, 2008.

1. goldfishboy

goldfishboy Thank you, dear God, for this good life.

Some nice bluegills we got on small rooster tails. Anybody make anything from fish skins like belts ? Boy they taste good.:)

Attached Files:

2. those are some nice gills. I keep everyone I catch, nothing beats some panfish fillets.

3. Nice gills, where did you get them? I just want to get a few before they are done guarding thier nest.

4. Ha, everyone should go to Buckeye lake then. Over in the canals throw a small chart. mister twister and see the gills you get. I would say 100 a day between gills and crappie. Also saugeye and catfish hit this way. And the gills you catch out there are easily over a pound. I have never caught a dink all fish being over 8 inches and ever a 14 inch gill.

5. Possibly but doubtful:( . The state record is recorded as 12.75" - If you did, you caught a brute :B

6. My thoughts exactly Boom Boom !!!! And all over a pound sounds like a whale of an average.

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

nice gills.haven't had any for years,but i've been getting a taste for some lately.if i could find a mess like that,i might satisfy that taste:)

as for those buckeye fish......................most folks know i usually don't like the fish police comments and try not to be one,but some stories are just hard to read with a straight face.....................................................:D:D:D;)

ps....................i will say though,that i have seen some stringers of very nice buckeye gills before.just no pound+ average;)

8. Nice pond gills! I love a gill sandwhich!

My buddy has been off work the last week and a half and he has been catching some VERY nice bluegills at Cowan drifting jig/crawler on bottom in the deeper water with his canoe. He got 17 last Tuesday (all 8-9inchers) when I talked to him and another 22 on Saturday before the storm blew in around 6pm. He also reported releasing some small gills and crappie from the shallower water and he caught a one keeper saugeye Sat too.

9. goldfishboy

goldfishboy Thank you, dear God, for this good life.