Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Dough Boy
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hit Ashtabula today with my buddy Billy. We were the only boat Decided to sleep in and fish the afternoon. Glad we did because the lake was beautiful. Fishin was a little tough today but was still able to get the job done just had to work a little harder lots of junk. We fished on the three line between the 45 and 47. We were the only boat out there. Our leads were 145 on a 3 111 on a 1. All nice fish again today. It was a nice way to end the season. Pretty sure that is my last trip for the year.

Sent from my XT907 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Nice trip, especially if its your last this year. I am hoping to make at least two more, one for perch and one for steelhead if at all possible...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Johnny tsunami
3,113 Posts
See your forgetting the fall saying "deer at break of light and walleye the rest of the night" nothing beats dropping a deer and some eyes the freezer stays full haha

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
it always nice to end the season on a good note. I only got to make our one trip up for 2 weeks in july. the last day we fished it was just my son and me. we did manage to get our limits that day. and they were all good fish with one 32" hog. what a way to end our trip and our season.

I sure do get the itch to go back up when I read all the good posts by guys like bd, walleye wacker, sylvan, workdog, and double j just to mention a few. but its a 700 mile round trip for me and the only crew I have left now is my son and his wife and my grandson. all my old fishing buddies that use to help pay for my trips are all gone now. so its just not always in my budjet to make any extra trips.

but reading all the posts from these guys and others like them is the next best thing to being there. so keep the posts coming as long as the fish are there. every yr I plan to make an extra trip or 2, then my son cant get off work or we just don't have an extra 1000.00 to spend on fishing. I know I could fill some open seats and have help with the boat gas. but it just wouldn't be fair to expect people to pay for my gas to get up there and back home.

so i'll just set here and read about all the big fish you guys catch and do a little day dreaming about being with some of you guys. I did get an offer to come up and go out with one of you guys but I just had so much going on this month I couldn't make it. if the offer is still there next yr I will make it. I could make a trip up and fish with someone else for around 200.00 for gas and a motel room plus a few bucks for boat gas and bait. but I figure that's just a cheap way to go to school. and I need all the help I can get from the guys that catches so many fish. I've rambled on way to long already. but it is really hard to hang up fishing when you know their there and you just cant get there.
sherman

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Way to go, I heard you on the radio! I finally got there yesterday as well. What a day, after getting run off the lake early, by vicious 15-20 mph winds, a short, deep wave action of 3'-5' and taking a few over the bow of my 19.5 Sea Nymph GLS. We regrouped at the dock with a few others that were chased off. We went back out and got our walleye limit of hogs from about 1:30 til 6:00. More to follow with pics. Bula is great!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hey nicklesman , great post. Made it out yesterday afternoon with friends from St Louis. Fished the 02-03 line from 3:00 to 7:00. Picked up 12 nice ones. My guests had never caught a walleye over 22". it was great fun. Dipseys ruled. 3 @ 140 and 0 @ 120 did the damage. Most we're caught on purple 4" spoon harness. I'll send a picture of harness when my phone is working again. First time I've ever tried it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey there I'm some what new to OGF posting! Gonna try and get some eyes in the morning probably solo but was curious what speed were you running and were you running meat? I've been struggling with dipsy's lately, wire has been doing well> I like to run cranks not much for crawler harnesses.Any Help would be greatly appreciated. Chad

·
Dough Boy
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey there I'm some what new to OGF posting! Gonna try and get some eyes in the morning probably solo but was curious what speed were you running and were you running meat? I've been struggling with dipsy's lately, wire has been doing well> I like to run cranks not much for crawler harnesses.Any Help would be greatly appreciated. Chad
I ran all meat. My speed was 1.4 to 1.7 Colorado's anything orange or Copper

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thank you for the reply! I generally run a bit faster than that with sticks so I probably need to go further out with my leads then. Thanks again!!!!

·
Dough Boy
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Correct my buddy was running faster getting them at 180 on a 3

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's pretty close to where I've been running mine! Some days are smokin with dipsy's next time can't pay the fish gods enough. Wire has been pretty consistent but hard to crank that far and steer both(no autopilot yet) !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts