Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Ashtabula yesterday out at the 06-07 line. I threw everything we had at them. Big dipsey 3 setting with a Rip Stick at 85' back pulled 1. Ran TT 50's anywhere from 75'-130' back with meat or spoons pulled 0, not even a hit. Changed up to 0 dipseys off the boards 150-200 back and harnesses pulled 1 on water melon. Changed up again and put Deep Thundersticks and Reef Runners behind the 0 dipseys 100-130 back and picked 5 more fish. Speed was 1.5-2.3 and i only caught when i was trolling east! I heard the rest of you guys out there doing well! I did the same things i heard guys talking about on 68. Worked my tail off trying to get them going! Finished at 3:00 with 7 eyes and a perch. Thanks to all of you for your great posts and valueable info!!!!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
good job. Sometimes figuring them out is a lot of work but keep after them, lot of good information on this site.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doesnt seem like their is a long line of fish like years past. Start trolling 1 direction and pick at your tickets until your done. Seems more like small pods of active fish you have to keep going back thru. Maybe next time we will have the hot hand and we can call it catching instead of fishing....LOL!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts