Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mongo
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well wanted to go early but with the wind the day before and work waited until late afternoon. Trolling D3 and I made the quick trip. The main reason for going was to try the new rod holders and the new setup after moving things around. Didn't get to the ramp until 2. Got out to 68 feet at 240 after messing around at the ramp. Started close as I felt with the cool temps the fish moved in. Well they are there but at 60 feet. Had two almost to the net but both came off before I could get them. I might have been slow thinking of ezbite and hooks hitting me in the face. After a hour of whitebass and loosing fish moved out to 72 feet where we have been getting them. Trolled west and got on the fish and went 6 for 12 the next hour and half. Inlines back 120 was the ticket for us and only antifreeze blades. Anti chicken, anti mix veg, and a pink/chart anti did the damage. Hated to leave but had to get home.
1375765329326.jpg
The fish we got were either 21 inches or 25 inches.
1375765426072.jpg
The new rod trees worked great. It is nice to get all the rods out of the way and have the back of the boat open.
1375765611713.jpg
1375765661822.jpg
Was a great lake tonight but looked like somethingwas up west of us on the way in. Cant wait to go again.

Sent from my PC36100 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Attachments

·
Mongo
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention that the perch bite must be good at 57 feet. There was 20 boats still at it on our way in. We stopped and looked and did mark them good.

Sent from my PC36100 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes it is. 17.5 fisher avenger sport with a force engine. 90hp. I've had it in 2s and 3s with the occasional oh crap with no problems. I've had it for 4 years with no Issues. It gets a little tight with more than 3 people but walleye 3 and I have a good system for landing fish. Tops out at 32 mph with 2 people plus probably 50 lbs of gear and bula walleye on a flat lake. Works for us!! I'd recommend a fisher for a small enough boat for mosquito but big enough for Erie boat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts