Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am hoping to get up to Bula Fri. weather permitting, can I the latest gps #'s, mainly for the ongoing perch bite? Also #'s for eyes if we limit and have time. Many thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Don't have the GPS numbers but I nailed them off the water tower in north kingsville around 60' fow. Ill be there Friday morning myself if the weather is good.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I fished Conni Fri. for perch then eyes. I fish out of a 19.5 SeaNymph Great Lakes Special and I had the same questions in the last few weeks that you have. Check my posts etc. and read what advice I was given if you want. Snug Harbor marina is super as well is the bait shop just up the hill. Bait was $2 doz. for shiners or crawlers. Google earth will show you the whole layout if you do a search for Snug Harbor Bait & Tackle 1021 Broad St. Conneaut, Oh 44030. The phone # is 440-593-3755, they have a recorded report for weather and fish or to speak direct for other add info. If your not compt. savvy have someone do it and view the layout it's worth knowing what it looks like in daylight. Perching was fabulous, done with 90 in 2 hrs. or less, culling the small ones, keeping mostly 10 and up. I'd hope to do well on eyes and did troll with what I'd read had been working but only pulled one small one, several junk fish. We worked the area west a little north of where I pulled perch. 5 miles out to perch and trolled out 8.5 mi. Guys at the bait shop stated the perch were aprx. str. out in 60-65' and eyes just beyond. We did dipseys and harnesses, RR cranks behind boards even spoons, not luck. I did loose my pwr. to my fish finder which was part of the issue, but if fish were there and "on"we'd have taken them. Hope this helps you and others, I've gotten lots of help here, Thanks, Clair

1 - 5 of 5 Posts