Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dough Boy
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit bula today with Chaunc and a buddy. Headed out to a beautiful lake erie sunrise and a calm lake. Got out to the "hole" at 7:00. Made our first pass and pulled to fish. My one buddy got pretty sick and spent most of the rest of the day sleeping in the cuddy with an occasional wise crack here and there. Our next pass it was just me and Chaunc doing all the work but we put a whoopin on them pulling 8 fish in a little over an hour. so we had 10 in was slthe box by 10. I was thinking it was going to be a quick day. LOL i was wrong as on Pass number three we only pulled three. By the time we ran back for our fourth pass we had thirteen fish in the box and it was 12:30. I said this was our last pass no matter what so we better make it count. We pulled a fish right off the bat. Then another one. Then two more. Now I have a one rule on my boat and that is I get the limit fish. Number 18. So we set a time of 2 if we were not done we were pulling rods. Roughly 15 minutes. At 2 on the dot I told Chaunc thats it lets pull em and head for the barn. I went to pick the first rod up and boom it gets hit. It feels nice and heavy so I thing sweet walleye. Nope sheephead. Lol. Then a dipsy goes off. White perch. Then I see the rigger go off. Reel it up and it is a 31.5 in 10.5 lb pig. Nice way to rap up a day If you ask me.
Now enough rambling here is the good stuff. We 99 percent of the day without a bout in sight. With an occasional passer by that would stop when they seen our net dip. We were 17 miles right out of bula. Sorry not going to give exact numbers but if you no bula at all you can figure out how far 17 miles is. Our leads varied all day with tru trip 50 at 175 hot as usual. 3 setting dipsies at 175 and 2 at 150 We did very up a lot and caught a few fish at other depths but that was our main numbers. The riggers at 61 pulled 2 also. Colors we used stir fry,Blue berry muffin (lol thinking of your name for this color chaunc). Purple demon pulled a few, bull frog pulled a fish.
here are some pics

·
"One More Time"
2,748 Posts
Nice catchin and nice pics there. You are one of the few who I hear are catching on spoons.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Great pics i love the lay out of the cabin!!!;) Great job and thanks for the report. way to get on them

·
Dough Boy
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually we drug meat all day the harness spoons were the top producer though

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Actually we drug meat all day the harness spoons were the top producer though

Thanks for taking me out with you guys Adam. And also for allowing me to try the new rods setup. Those spoon harnesses are what i call the best of both worlds.:D That blueberry muff-n-diver was really kickin butt.:D Stir fry and bloomers also produced very well.:D Thanks for turning me on to those tru-trips too. Wont leave home without them now. In defense of Q, he has a stomach virus thats been bothering him for over a week, so go easy on em fellas. Great day. Looking forward to next time.

·
Dough Boy
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You're welcome buddy anytime. My best of both worlds are on their way ordered them today

1 - 12 of 12 Posts