Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, Justin (greenhead) and I finally got a chance to get out. The last time we got to hook up was in cleveland in the spring. We all know how much good fishing has been going on between now and then. Justin's brother Eric and dad Dennis got to join in on the fun too.

The North winds friday were bad! I was not a happy camper on our way up to the lake. Thought we would be sitting at the bait store all weekend talking about getting out. So Saturday am we decided to snuggle in a little longer (its good to be the big spoon!) and get some breakfast. To my surprise, Saturday late moring the lake was beautiful and everbody was at home.

We set up at the 6n and the 45w. We picked a few and lots of junk on a s.w. troll with the mild n.e. wind behind us. Once we got to the 4n and the 47w it was on like donky kong! It was good all the way into the 1.5n

We were shorted a little on the worms so we had to pull a couple crank fish too. Copper blades in that dirty water were best. Mixed vegi double willows took some real piggies. Our speed was 1.5 to 1.9. #2 @ 115 and #3 @ 130.
Fire tiger and a mixed vegi deep husky took some fish too. 3oz at 30' back for a total of 175-225'

Saturday we had a blast. Did some tag teamn with MIC FISH. It was up and down on the dipsys. 25 fish hit net and one falling out......Justin......We boated some really beautiful sheeps as well.

We finally got to experience all that talk at bula. Thanks to all the ogfers with all the great reports to give us a good point to start with our program.

Sunday am, that s.w. blow got on our last nerve. After a nice lake and lots of fish on Saturday we pulled the plug early on sunday and went home.

Justin was so excited to get out with me again, he fished with his paints off!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Attachments

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Definite Bromance right their! Good job on the fish!! Glad to see ou finally got out farther than 52 FOW!! Nice Job Dave.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Was def a great trip! Had a blast and some good laughs to remember. Finally bromance was reunited. Thanks once again Dave for taking out my family. I doubt my Dad will ever charter again after experiencing running rods. Good times! Hope to do it again very soon!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
420 Posts
LMAO!!! After the story, scrolling down to that last pic was just too much! Thx again for pointing us in the right direction!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Dave, Does this mean, what I fear it means??? Have you found another??? I know I'm geographicly undesirable, plus...I know I'm a couple years, OK a few years ...Ok 30 years your senior, but I was hoping that what we had was.... well ...age proof!!

I'd go on but ...i can't see through the tears to type.

Besides it's just over my boot tops.

Glad you got out, and good job.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Jim,

If you fish in your painties for our December island rendezvous, I may reconsider this long distance thing......besides you get around a little more than I knew....

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Oh so now you're trying to put the blame on me !!! Probably just because they call me a boat whore !! I see how this is going!!

Look forward to you getting over her later on!!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks guys! The fishing out there is truly awsome. We caught 18-30" fish. We would get a couple smaller fish then a couple big fish. Its nice to see such a mixed bag.

I had my mind made up we were gonna run a meat program. Since there was no guess work. You guys have done all the work for us. (Wacker, work dog, BD, sylvan, micfish) All the reports have been great. All we had to do is go out and duplicate it. There wasn't much to think about!

Jim, looking to head out your way for sure. Cant wait for those high fish and cranks!

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Listening to you and Jim I am getting a vision of this song. Just substitute mr. stedke for Jones

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWOTdt9Bovk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dave, I'm speechless. Thats is like so perfect!

My wife was wonder what I was listening to as we were laying here.....

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Heard it on my xm when me and my wife were heading to dinner tonight. Get home and I read this thread. I just could not get that vision out of my head. Oh man!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
213 Posts
Dave, nice going. Good to see you put the trials and tribulations of that other lake behind you! :)

I always felt you and Stedke made a nice couple...just saying' ;)

Good to see that you boys are still alive and kickin'

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dave,I am grateful for you taking us out on your awesome vessel and giving me the knowledge on how to dipsy fish.I had a blast and so did my father.It was the most memorable trip I have been on.I now know what Conny is all about.I hope you consider me for future trips so we can "pound pound" # # them walleyes! Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Eric, had a blast with you guys for sure. Your brother better watch out, you could knock him out of that first mate position. We had a few "moments"of our own on the starboard side. He may be little jealous too.

We will # # them again soon!

Sorry I didn't have any photos of you for the thread. You were to busy reeling them.

I have to admit, I'm still laughing. Boy we were stupid over the weekend. Had a blast.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts