Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started out late this morning perching because it was choppy out deep. Got 50 perch and ran out of minnows. Headed north to 02 line. Putt first rod in and noticed we were trolling way too fast. 2.3-2.5 gps speed. Figured I would adjust speed after I got my spread out. Never got that chance. Steelhead right out the gate, then walleye after walleye after walleye. ...with white bass mixed in of course. Had our limit in no time! Trolled straight N and NW same speed dipseys [email protected] & 1 1/2 @ 125. All harnesses w willows&hatchets. Heard some guys that ran out of crawlers. Not a problem. Me too. Used Zoom pumpkin w pink tail and gulp leeches. The leeches got a 31, 30 & 28" for some reason it seemed like the junk wasn't interested in gulp leeches. The Zoom worms caught everything. May be coincidence. ... may not be. Tight lines everyone!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Nice job out there. I'm looking to do the same tomorrow with some luck! Gonna start for perch and then head out for walleye. I also got a report from earlier in the week that the guys were trolling upwards of 2.6 gps speed...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I just listened to Snug Harbor's report, no bait unless they get some tonight. Also stated bite was tough for both eyes and perch, bit early then died, tough day. They are calling for 3-5s on their wave report, not sure I'm coming that far, may have to settle for Lorain.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the speed was kind of crazy. Every time I would reach for my 5 gallon bucket(drift sock) another pole would Go off. So I just left it as is.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 'Alive' brand in the bucket. They stay on the hook pretty well also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts