Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a two man limit today. Headed out at 5:30, didn't boat a walleye until 10 am. Finished up by 1 pm. Wire 300 back took everything. Lost another three fish at the boat.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First thing in the morning they were 3's but rollers no caps. Wind was a little stiff. Layed down nice around 9 or 10 then the sun came out and the fish turned on.

·
Dr.Ed
17 Posts
What lures and colors were working for you today? Location and speed? I'm sure you had a fun ride. Good job. Someone has to catch them.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glass pink clown husky jerk DHJ-12 took ALL the walleye. Troll was SE at 2.0 to 2.2. And I have a heavy boat so the ride wasn't bad.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And location was right in front of the stacks between the 04 and 08.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Way to go Misdirection. It sounds like you had a great day.Thanks for the great report. Have had my 9 year old grandson from Texas staying with Grandpa for the last week and haven't been able to take him up on the rough water and couldn't go and leave him at home, but he is heading to Washington D C with his Grandma on my Daughter in Law's side tomorrow evening, so it's on for next week. I will post how we do and where.

·
"I'll get the net"
1,941 Posts
Way to smack them today. I heard you talking that pink husky up today,I need to get a rod set up for wire.;)

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The best thing about wire is little to no junk. After the first walleye on the wire we ditched the true trip and two dipsy's we had out and only caught three white bass the rest of the day.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hey I think I talked to you on the radio today...lol...we only got 3 today fishing in the same area as you between the 9 line and the 4 line Two came on the pink husky jerk and one came on a pink crawler harness. We lost one at the boat on the pink husky jerk. We set it back 330 on the wire. We only had two rods with wire and only one pink husky jerk. I think we were just slightly west of the stacks. The furthest east we went was the 52 west line. We were into white bass all day!!! even caught some yellow perch on the husky jerks!

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We started on the 09 / 47 but didn't get into fish until we got into the 08 which also happened to be around 10'ish. Our final west number was probably close to the 40.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey I think I talked to you on the radio today...lol...we only got 3 today fishing in the same area as you between the 9 line and the 4 line Two came on the pink husky jerk and one came on a pink crawler harness. We lost one at the boat on the pink husky jerk. We set it back 330 on the wire. We only had two rods with wire and only one pink husky jerk. I think we were just slightly west of the stacks. The furthest east we went was the 52 west line. We were into white bass all day!!! even caught some yellow perch on the husky jerks!
we were out wed and got our 18 and my buddy in another boat got 21...we fished the 06-07.5 and the 49-52. seemed as soon as we got close to the 52 west the junk were everywhere! Just a little east to the 51 and it was walleye time!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Good job,those Huskys are great.We caught a couple off the leadcore on a glass clown DHJ yesterday as well...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts