Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Four of us left from home Thursday morning at 5 and got lines in the water at 11 around the 10.5/43 and trolled sw. We started catching fish right away and the action really picked up around the 9/45. Anything further to the west than that produced sheephead after sheephead for us. We pulled lines at 3:15 to make sure we had plenty of time to get to the cleaners before they closed with our 22 eyes. We lost another 4 or 5 part way to the boat so we had our chance to get a limit but not going to complain with 22. Size was all over the board from 17"-31" with 6 FO's. Good thing we left early because the DNR was checking licenses and fish at the ramp. Friday we limited out a little before noon in the same area with a better overall quality of fish and another 6 FO's. Program both days was speed 1.7-1.8mph, 3 oz. 115-145 back, and dipsies on a 3 setting 135-145 back and 1 setting at 110. Copper backs produced better than any of the color backs for us. Best of luck out there as the fish keep moving.

Brandon

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Great job Walleye Wells, I want to get back up there at least one more time this year. Thanks for your numbers and the program you used.

Ron

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Great post, I'm hoping to get up again this week, can you get a little more specific on the gps #s? I'm having trouble plugging them in and getting an aprx. location, Thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fishtracker,

The numbers are N 42 08 to N 42 10 and then W 80 46 to W 80 43. Hopefully that helps. Based on reports from this weekend, you may want to try more from the W 80 45 to the 48 and N 42 04. May be worth starting there and looking north to northwest as the fish are moving.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

1 - 6 of 6 Posts