Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mongo
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As been mentioned in other posts today was like being in a microwave. Its been a long time since I fished a lake that flat.
Sky Horizon Sea Ocean Cloud

We got a later start at 7 & you could cut the air with a knife. Went to the same spot in 71 feet and had 4 in the boat quick. Trolled all boards today and 3oz back 109 & 150 and 4oz back 80 and 100. Fish were deep 45 to 60. Action slowed and I noticed marks at 30 and 40 feet. Moved everything up 3oz back 80 & 90 feet and 4 oz 50 & 60 back. Had a few doubles and picked 8 more. Action slowed again and the marks vanished. Well we gave it another hour and trolled north and the marks started to show up. Dropped everything back to our original dropbacks and finished up the rest in that hour. Ended with a flury that cleared the left side of the boat. Two huge walleye and a steelhead. We went 18 for 23 and the fish were huge today esp when we got them higher. Best colors today were gold, gold, gold and copper mixed veg. Speed was all over, that current was strange today but 1.5 seemed best. Here is a pick of D3 Trolling and his dad with a few personal bests. Fish Fishing Bass Recreation Recreational fishing

Sent from my PC36100 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
After cleaning fish our biggest was 31 7/8. I was really working hard to make it a 32 and our smallest was a hair under 19. Typical bula fish for this year. Great couple days we put together this week. Put some meat in the freezer for sure!!!!

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
we finely got out on the 16th and the heat was staggering. we went out at geneva we started out fishing shallow and wasn't marking any fish up shallow so we moved to deeper water and started fishing deep. we fished from 7:30 until 12:30 and had 3 fish to show for our efforts. we went deep and got 9 more by 2:30 then it got slow again we only got 1 more fish at 3:30 and called it a day.

the temps were in the low 90,s and there wasn't a breeze to be found. I was fishing with my son and 10 yr old grandson we all got burnt that day. my son put sun block on his son as soon as he started burning then later he put it on himself and I put it on myself but it was really alittle late. my face is already peeling but I think I will survive, LOL.

we did fish part of the day on the 17th but it was just so hot and we had 9 hogs so we quit at 11:30 and came back to the air conditioner.

when we fished on the 18th we had planned to fish all day but the wave forcast was for 2 ft or less. it got a lot worse than 2 fters and after a couple of tangles we gave it up about 12:30 and had a very long ride back in. we took yesterday and today off hope to get out tomorrow if its not to rough.
sherman

1 - 11 of 11 Posts