close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Build My Own Outboard Motor Stand

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Sauggie, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Sauggie

Sauggie ... ...

I've been tossing around the idea of building my own outboard motor stand. I want to keep a 9.9 Evinrude on it during the winters.

Has anybody here ever built one or have any suggestions? I found a guy who built his own at this web site: http://mypeoplepc.com/members/djohns19/djohns19/

It would be nice to build something that can fold up when I'm not using it.

Thanks,

Scott

2. dip

dip dip

i bought a pair of sawhorse brackets at lowes for a couple bucks and made a narrow, high sawhorse. worked fine.

3. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

that ones o.k.....
    i suggest you put wheels on it. couple lockable hinges on the bottom and some kinda quick release type thingys for the upper supports and it should fold.

4. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Try a folding saw hourse with a 2 x 4 for support. Make it narrow width, but wide at the legs to support the weight. I built one myself and it was easy. No real plans, just started building.

5. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

i got a 2 wheel dolly at loews and used that for my 2.5 hp evinrude,even ran the motor (prop off) in a bucket of water.