close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Budweiser Adds Herbs, Caffeine To Beer

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by atrkyhntr, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    34.3%
  3. The very idea makes me feel ill

13 vote(s)
    37.1%
  1. Anheuser-Busch is adding a little jolt to its new beer brand. B-to-the-E is being rolled out nationwide, after being test marketed in 55 cities.

The "E" stands for extra, in this case caffeine and herbs, including ginseng.
    The world's largest brewer is going after the 20-something market with the fruity brewski.
    But some beer-lovers might have a hard time downing the stuff. Anheuser-Busch even suggests that B-to-the-E be served over ice.

I votes choice #3 :rolleyes:

2. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

Oh great. Wide-awake drunks.

3. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I chose yes only because I will have to try it when it comes out. It sounds horrible though. I wonder if college students will drink it to stay awake and study?

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I wonder if college students will drink it to stay awake and study?

5. As a college student I say there is no way in ^%#* that I would ever drink that...to stay awake or otherwise. If you want an alcoholic drink and to stay awake stick with jagerbombs or something like that.

6. catlover

catlover Banned

Great commercial for the SuperBowl. Michael Moore and the bigwigs from PETA, sitting around a fake electric fireplace. Toasting themselves with a nice glass of iced, fruity iced Budwieser for the profound pollitical impact they have had over the past year. I can just hear a "MiRRIBBIT" as the frogs draw a bead on them with a slingshot.
    Just a thought.
    Catz

7. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

I tasted this stuff about 2 weeks ago.
    It tastes like a Red Bull.
    I tasted NO BEER what so ever.
    then again that's probably a good thing. Regular Budweiser makes me ill.

8. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

This is stupid! Speaking for the "responsible" 20 something crowd (I'm 22), when I want a beer I want a beer. That's the bottom line, not some weird juiced up fruity beer. B-to-the-E is such a horrific name first off. People who are old enough to drink legally arn't going to even been tantilized with something like that name. Chewing tobacco makers, in my opinion, made "candy" flavored chews "Berry, peach, Vanilla, Green Apple, ect" to target the younger crowd. The crowd that shouldn't have access to its product in the first place. And if you ask me, the A&B are doing the same thing here.

The poll results should speak for themselves, I highly doubt that many people are going to vote yes.

Besides, we all know Miller makes a superior beer when it comes to non-microbrewery domestics :D

9. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

I've had a similar drink and enjoyed it, but I guess i must be the black sheep of the crowd....I actually had sparks, which is a caffinated malt beverage and would happily drink this new thing. i guess I'm just not a conisoure on all the beers....and yes being a wide awake drunk isn't always good, but does help on the late nights....beer goggles with the ability to stay awake...might not be good after all...

10. I'll try it when it comes out, just cause I gotta try it since it's new!!!

I heard about this several months ago. When will it be released here?

Jager Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

11. catlover

catlover Banned

Now that strikes me as odd. Jaegermiester as a beverage of choice. I'm serious here. I was stationed in Berlin for 3 years. They didn't sell Jaegermiester at liquor stores and bars. The sold it a resturaunts abd pharmacies, and grocery stores. It wasn't a beverage at all. It was for upset stomachs and used like peptobisomol. They had it in wicker baskets at the cash register. It had a sign that said something to the effect-That if you ate too well, demand Jaegermiester for relief. When I first saw someone order one at a bar here in Ohio, I thought it was some kind of penalty drink, or something done on a bet. Nobody in Germany would order it like a schnaaps(of which they had more kinds than you could shake a stick at).

Thats what strikes me odd about the new Bud beverage. when I think back on it, Berlin. They had a white malt beverage(they couldn't call it a beer), as Germany has strict food and BEER regulations that are as tough as our FDA. It was called Berliner Weiss. Its was like malt flavored water-I think it was a grandfather to the lite beer. They served , either chilled or over ice. mixed with a sugary sweet syup that came red, yellow or green. Does anyone remember the commercial for an orange colored Dutch import, a few years back, called Oranga Boom? Thats what it looks like, same kind of deal.
    They called Berliner Kindle Pils. The ad for it looked just like a stop light. It wasn't targeted towards college students. It went after the prissy women and men who wore "funny pants".

Not discourage your love for Jaegermiester. But people in Germany woukd have been suprised at seeing someone drinking it for a cocktail.

Catz

12. The Winking Lizard Tavens sell that Kindl Berlin and it is on their world tour of beers. Out of the 100 beers on the tour, I drank 2 sips of it with the raspberry (red) syrup added the first year I did the tour, after that, I order it last and leave it sit on the table. A/B should definitely pass on the fruity stuff. I may have to switch to micros or homebrew exclusively!

13. A. Busch adds alcohol to its beer too to avoid spending all that time fully fermenting.

Come on folks, drink real beer! :)

14. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

My buddy said now he could drink all night and not be sleepy. What a moron. He does have the college-boy mentality. I hate Redbull, so I don't imagine this stuff would appeal to me at all. Yuk!

15. catlover

catlover Banned

I can see it now:
    Son: "Hey dad I need you to increase my allowance, I need more money to buy Budwieser with"
    Dad: "You want money just for beer? At least you could have lied to me. I know you kids are going to drink-I went to college myself. but aren't you supposed to be focused on your education!"
    Son: "Dad, How can you accuse me of such a thing? This isn't beer its a study aid. Would I even ask for it if I didn't see the potential here. Heck, theres even a guarantee on the back of the 12packs to increase my GPA by at least 1 point, along with step by step instructions to use their study plan and recieve a full scholarship.
    Well, if you aren't concerned about my education I could always move back home......."

Catz

16. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

I thought it tasted okay. Can't really taste the beer

17. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

I just hope this doesn't lead to underage kids drinking more because they think they can. Caffeine has a way of making your limit seem sky high...to amateurs this could be detrimental...I'm 22 and in my last year of college and stay away from the sweet stuff...adds to the dehydration, and the gut!!! I'd rather just stick w/my vodkas/bourbons and have a beer when its deemed best....ICE COLD ON A HOT SUMMER DAY!!!!

18. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

if they are going for the 20 something croud they already have me i dont need no tuti fruiti beer...i think im going to heave...YUK!...Im one of the few that has ALWAS like beer for the taste just not for the drunk

19. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

:eek: Raider

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015

20. I'm with ya Tim, 22 next 2 Fridays from now!!!!